Monday, December 1, 2008

Little Brothers



I still can't figure out how to label each picture I upload. I try to do it underneath, but then I'll add another photo and it will stick it right under the next one instead of under the writing.

Anyway...we went to Utah this past Sat. for my baby brother's mission farewell. Most of you know that he has been called to the Cebu, Philippines mission. He is so happy and excited. I have never seen him smile so much in his life. He will be an awesome missionary. He has read the Book of Mormon in Cebuano now. He doesn't understand a word of what he's read, but I think he will be so much more receptive to learning the language in the MTC. He gave an awesome talk on why he chose to serve a mission. He was cracking us all up because he kept checking off his points on his paper after he would say them. We had lunch at my mom's afterwards and then our family had to leave in order to get home so the boys could get to bed for school today. Todd also got a phone call a few days ago from my other brother, Chad (who is serving a mission in Sydney, Australia) so that he could say goodbye since their missions will overlap for a year. We also got to see some videos and photos that Chad had sent home. It almost looked like he was serving a two year vacation. I guess he would only send home P-day videos, though. He looks great anyway.

So we left here Sat. and came home Sun. For those of you who don't know, it's a 5 hour drive from where we live. It was way too much driving in such a short period. We got to stay with our good friends down there Sat. night who we haven't seen since Bubba was a year old. It was such a great time, but not a long enough visit. When we got home last night, everyone crashed. However, not too much later we had two boys throwing up together at the same time. Unfortunately, JP threw up all over Bubba's bed. He's on the top bunk and leaned over the side and barfed all over Bubba's bed and blanket. Bubba said, "Dad, I saw that he was throwing up and I took cover under my blanket." But as we were cleaning up, Bubba said he wasn't feeling so hot and went in the other bathroom and threw up. We're not sure if it was something they ate at lunch or if they just got car sick from being in the car too long both days. They've never been car sick before though, and we've driven way longer than that before. We kept them home today, but they've been totally fine, and actually Captain Whiney Pants (JP) has been driving me nuts. Yay for school tomorrow. So is everyone done shopping yet? I am! My cards will be going out tomorrow and so will all the family gifts I have to mail. I love being done so that I can actually enjoy the holiday season.

4 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Sorry about the vomiting! Yuck. Poor Bubba.

We are done with Christmas gifts too! Pretty much anyway. I still have to get a couple of stocking stuffers.

By the way...the pictures always load at the top. If you use Internet Explorer as your browser you most likely won't be able to move them easily, but...if you use Mozilla Firefox you can just copy and paste the pictures wherever you want them to go.

Pooka said...

Upload all your pictures first. it's easier that way. Press the space bar between pictures to bring it down so you can type in between pics.
Ugh! I can't believe your kids puked! Not fun, at all!

Janet said...

How awesome to have 2 brothers on a mission--I think that's totally cool. Also, I'm so impressed that you are all done with your Christmas! We have so much to do still. I try not to think about it, or I start to panic. Justin and I are going to Dallas tomorrow for a couple of days and then I'm planning to get everything done next week--hopefully! Have a great day! Janet

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks great, Nicole! We love seeing the pictures of the boys and how they are growing. Loved reading the likes and dislikes. Thanks for sharing.

We're sure impressed that you are all ready for Christmas!

Love, D&A

(I signed up with a blog name, and can't remember my password. I've tried everything. I guess I'll just have to be anonymous!)