Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Worst Day Ever and It's Not Over Yet...

So the day started out okay. I was upstairs doing laundry, when Peanut yelled up and asked me where his underwear were. He had been going to the bathroom downstairs, so I told him I didn't know. JP told him to look in his pants. A second later I hear this screaming, so I ran downstairs to hear JP say that they were in the toilet. I thought, "No way," but sure enough they were down in the hole like the toilet had been flushed. Luckily, it didn't flood. Peanut was devastated because he thought they were gone forever. I got a rubber glove and pulled them out and he asked me if I would wash them for him.

So then I was in the kitchen awhile later and JP and Peanut were playing Wii, while Bubba was at the neighbors playing in the snow. I heard a choke and looked over and Cart-man was throwing up all over himself and the kitchen floor. I ran over to him and started cleaning him up thinking, "Oh great, he's got the flu." As I was cleaning up, however, I noticed a wrapper for a mini 3 Muskateers that JP had gotten this morning out the advent calendar. He left it on the floor, even though I've told them all a zillion times not to leave anything small on the floor. So, luckily my baby was able to cough it back up. What if he would have choked and stopped breathing? Then, I took him upstairs to bathe him and put him on his back to take his pants off, while he was still crying, and I happened to see more wrapper still in his mouth! Needless to say, this about killed me today.

So next, I had to get to Walmart to get a few last minute groceries for Christmas dinner (which I previously vowed never to do with 4 kids again). I got stuck in my driveway. We got between 5-6 inches of snow last night, which fell on top of the ice that was underneath. So it was pretty much icy snowy muck in the curb and I got stuck. My front wheel just spun and spun. So I got out and tried to shovel under the tire. Didn't work. Tried again. Still didn't work. Tried breaking the ice up with the shovel. Not even close. Ran in the house to find the phone because Bubba couldn't find it. Can't find it to call daddio for suggestions. Grabbed the hammer and used the claw to break up the ice. Still no dice. Luckily, right then, my neighbor came out to his garage for a smoke and told me he'd push me. On the way to the store, after emptying the entire contents of my purse, I found my phone.

The store was crazy because everyone and their dog were last minute shopping, the kids were wild and wouldn't stay by the cart. I even got the comment from one lady, "No way these are all your kids." Hello, there's only 4 of them. I get home from the store and I'm missing 2 things-my green bell pepper, and my garlic. What kind of lame cashier puts only those two small things in one large grocery bag? There's no way I'm going back. I try to call the store to have them put it aside so B can get it after work for me. But they have super awesome customer service and don't even answer the phone. Did I mention I came home to find the garage door wide open? Must have forgotten to close it since I was stuck in the driveway.

Then, while I'm home, finally trying to relax a teeny bit and blog, Bubba, starts yelling, "Emergency there's glass!" I jump up to him explaining how "remember that ornament I knocked off the tree before the store and couldn't find the hook so I left it on the fireplace ledge" well, Cart-man thought it was a ball and smashed it into a billion pieces on the fireplace. Didn't I just get done blogging about how many times I've told them not to leave stuff on the floor? Luckily, he didn't cut himself, but I figured while the vacuum was out, I should do the entire downstairs to make sure there's no more accidents today. I think I need a nap! Or I could just lock myself in my closet for awhile...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you need a grandma to come and watch the boys so that you can have a nap.

So sorry I'm so far away! I'm sure glad that the baby is O.K?

It's hard to be a Mom but rewarding too! Know that someone is praying for you! Love, A

Janet said...

On days like that I think about the "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood," and think that I will just run away to the Gulf of Mexico for about a week...or a month. I'm so sorry! I hope things are going better for you.
~Janet

Jared and Delia said...

What a day!

You are amazing Nicole. I am so sorry that we are so far away and cannot help.

You look great in your bridesmaid dress. I don't think resolutions are out of style. I was just telling Janet some of mine...and one of them is to improve my scripture study too.

Merry Christmas.

We LOVE those books you made. You are so amazing!