Friday, December 19, 2008

High School Tag and Nickname

First off, I realized I never explained why my blog name is Penquilla. My cousin, Rachel gave it to me. She had an alternate personality named Balandra and for some reason she named me Penquilla. Since I like to write, I guess it makes sense-pen and quill are both writing utensils. So anyway, my cousin Joy high school tagged me and I thought it was fun.


1. DID YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM YOUR SCHOOL? No, I only dated guys from other schools. The guys at my school weren't really cute and were pretty much jerks.

2.WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU DRIVE? I borrowed my mom's white dodge grand caravan and later on, my step-dad's geo prism (I think).

3. DID YOU PASS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST YOUR FIRST TRY? Of course I did!

4. WERE YOU A PARTY ANIMAL? Not in high school, but definitely in college.

5. WERE YOU CONSIDERED A FLIRT? Yes, definitely, by the guys at the other schools.

6. WERE YOU IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, OR CHOIR? No. I liked to sing, but never tried out for choir. It was tough to get in.

7. WERE YOU A NERD? Not in the slightest.

8. WERE YOU ON ANY VARSITY TEAMS? Sports and I don't mix. Can you say, Bella?

9. DID YOU EVER GET SUSPENDED/EXPELLED? No way!

10. CAN YOU STILL SING THE FIGHT SONG? I never could, actually. But I know all the cheers they did at football games. Woodbridge Warriors can't be beat!

11. WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS? Mr. Schmenk (soph english), Ms. Bonfiglio (french), and Mrs. Mitchell (sr. english)

12. WHERE DID YOU SIT FOR LUNCH? With Desiree before she got her license, and after, she always drove us off campus.

13. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S FULL NAME? Woodbridge High School

14. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S MASCOT AND COLORS? Warriors, Red and Gold.

15. DID YOU GO TO HOMECOMING AND WITH WHO? I never actually went to a dance until Sr. year. I went to Homecoming with Dusten LeSueur, my boyfriend until that night when he broke up with me after the dance.

16. IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN WOULD YOU? Definitely not.

17. WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT GRADUATION? Doing the prom queen wave up to the stage so my mom could find me.

18. WHERE DID YOU GO SENIOR SKIP DAY? I think we went to Magic Mountain.

19. WERE YOU IN ANY CLUBS? Just the French club, but Desiree and I were in the pictures in the yearbook for a lot as a joke.

20. HAVE YOU GAINED SOME WEIGHT SINCE THEN? About 50 pounds actually. I never realized having kids would leave me so big.

21. WHO WAS YOUR PROM DATE? I went to Foothill's prom, not mine. It was on my actual 18th birthday and the Depeche Mode concert was playing next door. I was at a lame prom with my friend of 3 yrs. John Brooks. Would have much rather been at the concert for my favorite band.

22. ARE YOU PLANNING ON GOING TO YOUR 10 YEAR REUNION? We actually flew down for it, but my best friend flaked, so it wasn't very fun. It was very satisfying to see all the football players fat losers, though.

23. DID YOU HAVE A JOB IN HIGH SCHOOL? Yes...several actually. I worked at a t-shirt kiosk at the mall, my step-dad's office doing office stuff, and IKEA's bistro (gotta love food services).

Now I tag my two sister-in-laws Delia, and Janet, and my friend Paige.

1 comment:

Pooka said...

That was awesome! If only you would add a pic of yourself from back in the day. That would be the best!