Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Came to Our House


We've been, actually I should say I've been putting together Lego sets. Bubba has done pretty well doing most of his on his own, but JP needs me to do almost all of his. He can follow the directions, but will forget a step or do something backwards. Actually, I really love it. There's something about creating it and the finished product.

Cartman was watching daddy make the turkey and kept banging on the door. He loves his dadda.

Here's a picture of me with my favorite gift, which was from my mom because there was no way my husband would be caught dead buying it. It's my New Kids CD. You can laugh all you want, but I'm truly a dedicated fan. It's a really good CD actually. Maybe it means I'm still a teenager at heart.

We came home from looking at lights and acted out the nativity for the first time ever. We had three shepherds and Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus. The kids had a blast. We also acted out Samuel the Lamanite. With Bubba as Samuel and the two other boys throwing balls at him.


So lots has been going on over the past week as I'm sure it has with all of you. So on Christmas Eve we went sledding in the early afternoon. The first place we went was like solid ice and it's a ginormous hill, so we left and went to a park where we had lots of fun. We have to sleds and took turns. Baby was asleep, so we left him in the warm car for awhile. It was absolutely freezing with the biting wind. B and I were taking turns doing video and pictures and every time we would take a glove off, it felt like we were at the top of Mount Everest. I heard about a guy once who took his glove off up there to take a picture and he ended up losing almost all of his fingers even though it was only like two seconds. So anyway, I went for awhile and then went in the car where baby was still sound asleep. Then we went home and hung out for awhile before the missionaries came over for dinner. With both my brother's gone, I felt that I needed to have them over so they wouldn't be alone. Then we went and looked at lights until the blizzard started.

Christmas morning the boys woke up uber early. Even Peanut. They got up at least at 5 a.m. and I vaguely remember someone came in and said something. Peanut came in at 5:45 and told me the stuff Santa brought, but I shooed him away quickly. Finally, around 7 a.m. we figured we'd get up because they were so loud we couldn't sleep anyway. Santa brought Bubba a piano, which he was just jumping for joy over. He also brought Wii Fit. That is like the coolest thing ever. I've already lost two pounds since Christmas, which seems odd since Santa also stuffed my stocking with candy. But anyway, it's way fun. According to the body test I'm overweight. But it helps you set goals. Anyway, there is Yoga, Aerobics, Balance exercises, and Strength Training. As you complete some of them and earn credits, you unlock new exercises. It's seriously addicting. I did it for over 45 minutes just today. I'm the queen at hula hoop (aerobics), ski jump (balance). It's such a great workout, especially when there's snow outside.

The boys opened their presents, but baby was still sleeping, so he opened his around 8 a.m. He was more excited the night before when we put everything under the tree. He kept grabbing for the wrapping paper. But on Christmas he was way more excited about all the stuff out, so we had to open his presents for him. Later in the day, I went out back and measured the snow. We've never gotten this much, and I said that about last year. It measured at 5 and half inches, but some had been melting that day. We got some more over the weekend, but now it's all but melted with a warm and sunny day today. We actually went out on Friday so the kids could spend the Christmas money that was burning a hole in their pockets. That was crazy. I was so pooped by the end of the day, especially after doing the Wii Fit the day before. You definitely have to get used to it. Apparently you can only add so many pictures to each post, so I'll post more pictures on the next post. Hope you all had a very merry holiday.

No comments: