Sunday, December 21, 2008

Don't Hold Your Breath...This is a Long One







Okay, so I've resolved for the New Year that I'm going to take more pictures of my kids. For those of you who didn't already know, we're done having kids. Mostly for my sanity, but also because I was really sick the last time, and I'm just getting too old. So anyway, I don't want to miss a second of them growing up. So I started today by taking a ton of pictures of them. B took one of me in my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding. My mom finally sent me the new LARGER sized dress, so I tried it on today and it fits PERFECTLY. Hooray! It's not my fault I needed a bigger size-the stupid dresses are junior sizes. I could've worn juniors 4 kids ago, but not now. Which brings me to my second resolution, to lose my last 30 pounds of baby weight forever! I'm on my way with 5 so far, which isn't much, but because I'm doing pilates, my tummy is already flatter and I'm gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat. So that's my excuse for the small numbers so far.

So then I took several pictures of the boys goofing around in my bathroom. They're so fun; they crack me up daily. Then Peanut got out the oven mitts and was using them as boxing gloves, so there's one of those. And then, since it's been snowing like mad the entire day, we let the boys out in the snow again today. Big daddy even went out with them and they built a hill. I got a few before I slipped on the ice on the patio. I told you I'm a klutz. I didn't fall on my bum, but I did the splits and apparently bruised my foot. I couldn't figure out why it was hurting all night, until I got in the shower and saw a bruise on it. Dee dee dee! One last picture is of baby Jo Jo the monkey. We got in the attic yesterday and found the rest of the baby clothes that I knew had to be somewhere. I was organizing them before church, but didn't finish, so after church while we were all having lunch, he and Peanut re-organized it all and baby decided to crawl thru it.

Another resolution I have is to read the scriptures more. I pretty much say that every year and start out well and then life happens and I start to really suck at it. But seriously, I'm way determined this year. I have no excuses because the kids are all getting bigger and if I have time to blog, I have time to read the word of God. I also want to work on all of my relationships-better mom, sister, daughter, and of course wife.

So, do any of you have resolutions, or am I the only cheesecake doing this anymore?

My brother is having a hot summer Christmas in Australia. He said he actually likes their winters better, which is saying a lot because during the winter, he was sleeping in sweats, jeans, long sleeves,and a hoodie. He got to see two "worldy" movies for Christmas zone conference.

Well, I'm wishing you all the best this Christmas week. Remember the Savior as will I. Our ward Christmas program was absolutely beautiful today. The narrator told a really cool true story of a woman named Amanda in Utah. She had become very inactive and her mom invited her to a live nativity program put on by the church in the conference center(I can't remember the name). So she went and during it, she asked her mom if the church had put out a DVD of it because she felt like she'd seen this before. They hadn't and over the coming weeks she became re-activated and couldn't shake the feeling that she'd been there or seen it all before. So she got her patriarchal blessing and it told her that she was one of the angels that sang at Jesus' birth. How amazing is that? I thought it was such a wonderful story. They tied it in with how we may not have been one of those at that special place, but we were all singing in heaven at that time, and we will all sing again when he returns. Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night!

3 comments:

Pooka said...

First- love the dress. 2- resolutions??? I've actually been thinking about that today. I'm almost scared to commit to anything right now but sounds like a great FHE!
How are you liking pilates? I did that for a long time but now I've joined a gym.

Anonymous said...

You look great in the bridesmaid dress, Nicole! Thanks for the fun photos of the boys!

Thanks for the insights about your blog name... I wondered about that!

Keep the fun photos coming.

Love, XOXOXO A proud grandma!

Janet said...

O.k., so I totally love this blog! I love your bridesmaids dress, you look beautiful! I completely agree about juniors sizes too. You are not the only klutz in the family. I totally opened the car door into my head before. I think my theme song is one from Alabama, "I'm in a hurry and don't know why,"
Also, I too have made resolutions this year, I'm trying to not yell as much and I want to give more hugs--it reminds me that I actually do really love my kids and for a small moment I can remember when they were babies and I hugged them all the time.
I don't want to be annoying or anything, but if you have any questions regarding exercise and weight loss, give me a call.
Thank you for sharing that story, that is truly incredible! Merry Christmas! ~Janet