Friday, April 30, 2010

Today's J Jo isms

A couple of fun, new things Jo Jo has been saying and doing-
-Yesterday he started singing to Queen's "We Will Rock You." No one else had been signing it, so it was funny he even did. This is how he sings it, "We will rocketship."

-A couple of days ago B was going upstairs and Jo Jo started to follow. I realized he was walking slowly and carefully up each stair without holding on to anything at all! I couldn't believe how big he was! He still holds the railing to come down, or slides backwards on his belly, though.

-Today in the car the boys were telling him what to say if someone asks your name. Lately if we say something like, "You're stinky" or "You're silly," etc. he replies with "I _____" (his real name). So in the car Bubba asked, "What's your name?" Well, he thought he heard a motorcycle (which was really just a loud car in front of us) so he said, "Motorcycle." Everyone started laughing so then they asked again and he said, "_______ motorcycle." That's the new funny joke for the day that they can't get tired of laughing at.

We have a baseball game tonight for JP. It's sprinkling right now, so who knows what it will look like at that point. We got news today that the game Bubba was supposed to have tonight will be at a borrowed field in the next town over. So they won't be behind actually since the other night was only supposed to be a practice. They have all of the fields cleaned up at our complex, but can't start new construction until Sun. So hopefully we will be up and running for next week. At least it's not until after Peanut's soccer, so we can all go to both. I'm going to remember the camera and video camera tomorrow. I keep repeating that mantra and hopefully it will become a reality.

Another positive-last week I went to one of my doctors and mentioned my insomnia. Our family doctor had been prescribing me Ambien for it, but the last time I called to renew it the nurse seemed really annoyed. Apparently it's also a controlled substance because it's in the narcotic family and can be addictive. So I was going to see if the other doctor would do it for me becuase I didn't want the first one to be annoyed. Anyway, he went into a shpeel (sp?) about how studies have been done showing that you can get more effective results without medication. Of course this is my preferred option, but considering nothing seemed to work, I thought I would always have to take something. So he asked if I was going to sleep and waking up at the same time, etc. So he gave me some tips to try-a schedule, no naps (which I do take a few during the week, but not a daily thing), only sleep for 8hrs. because it actually confuses our body if we sleep more, no computer or tv at least a half hour before bed, and if you can't fall asleep within 20 min. of lying in bed, then you need to get up and try to read again. So I've been adamantly trying all of this-even though I've seriously wanted a nap a time or two. It's been working. I've actually been able to fall asleep, but still wake up a few times to go to the bathroom. However last night, I didn't wake up until the early morning hours to go. Hooray! And it's weird because my body has been waking me up without my alarm all week. I'm going to keep at it and hopefully my insomnia is gone.

2 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Yay...I am so glad you can sleep better and without medicine. You have to be pretty dedicated to stick to that regimen...it sounds like.

Jo Jo is so cute. I wish we could see him and hold him and love him in person!

Janet said...

It has been such a busy week! I have missed reading your blog and have enjoyed getting caught up.

I'm so happy to here about your sleeping success! That is fabulous! I worry that once Kenzie finally sleeps through the night regularly that I will still wake up. I will remember those tips and hopefully I will sleep well soon!

I can't believe what happened to Bubba's ball field complex! Is that sort of weather thing normal for your area? Hopefully they can get it all back together soon.

I honestly don't know how you keep all of the games, practices, etc. straight and get everyone where they need to go. When I read about all that you are doing for your boys I am totally amazed and really admire all that you do!