Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Comings and Goings





I guess I really should write more because sometimes when I finally do, I have so much to write that it's probably boring and too much for you to read. Oh well, now I know.

So we went to sign the boys up for football this past Sat. They were having a special day at the university where they could go on the field and throw some plays with the players. Our coach wanted as many people as possible to go together. Unfortunately the boys ended up being next in line when they quit. They had the annual spring scrimmage game starting in an hour, so they had to get ready. They play their offense against their defense. The quarters are shorter, so it's not as long as a regular game, but we decided to go because we got a free family ticket for signing up for football. JP has decided to try flag football this fall. I wasn't too sure about the leg, but B doesn't want us to tell him he can't do something, or for him to think he can't do something. He was pretty excited about it. So the game was really fun to watch. However, Jo Jo hadn't had a nap so he was all over the place, throwing his pacifier and hat at the men in front of us. Towards the end of the game I finally got him to sleep which posed the problem of-how do I sit because there are no backs on these bleachers and I'm going to die. I did it for awhile, but my back was still in knots from the week so B took him after that and by the end of the game his poor back was dead. Peanut complained the entire game that he was "starving to death" because he chose not to each lunch at home before we left. I think he learned his lesson. He kept asking when it would be over and wanting to lie on my lap. JP kept making faces at and poking Bubba. We separated them, but he kept looking at him, so Bubba kept freaking out and yelling about it. For some reason he does NOT know how to ignore his brother, which is what I kept trying to tell him to do. Afterwards we went to Souper Salad. It's a buffet place here. My sister had given us a coupon for a free kid's meal with every adult meal. So here's a yummy picture of Jo Jo eating chocolate pudding. I didn't know he liked it, but apparently he really likes it because he snagged mine while I was getting something and then started on dad's while dad was getting a drink and I was getting him his own. It was pretty cute.




Sunday we asked dad to make steaks that I had gotten at Albertsons on buy one get one free. They were really big, so we were able to split two of them up for all of us. Although, two boys (I'll let you guess which ones) were absolutely freaking out because they were worried they wouldn't get enough. Dad assured them that they would also be getting homemade fries. I made some Outback ranch dressing for them that B had gotten the recipe for awhile ago online. JP wanted to eat outside because it was absolutely beautiful out, so of course Peanut and Jo Jo wanted to as well. JP went out and cleaned the table off by himself and then they went out. I told them they should have a prayer. JP asked Jo Jo if he wanted to say it (because he's been repeating us) and I snapped a picture. I was listening and sure enough Jo Jo was repeating everything JP said. It was SO cute.

Yesterday was baseball practice. So I didn't need to stay at least. I had to pick Bubba up 15 min. before JP had to be at his, but of course we were 7 minutes (yes, exactly 7) and JP was freaking out because his coach was going to yell at him for forgetting his hat (not really, but he's very dramatic) and do he ended up being exactly 2 min. late, which Bubba made sure to point out. Gotta love big brothers. Oh, I won't even go into the freak out that Bubba had getting ready for practice. It was a good teaching experience on the way to practice after he apologized (on his own). I had a talk with him about how Satan is the one who wants us to be angry, NOT Heavenly Father.

Today was errand day, although I really need to fold laundry. I will do absolutely ANYTHING so that I don't have to fold laundry. I got Bubba's Yankee hat returned because his friend found one of his at his house. I got a couple of things at Walmart that I needed to. We went to the bread store. Peanut was rather excited because if you spend $10 you always get something free, so we ended up with a box of Hostess cupcakes. We got our Toy Story Mania Wii game returned to the library (a day late). It is such a fun game! It's one we will have to buy. It's just like the ride at CA Adventure. It even has a 3-D option, which is how the ride is.

A few cute things Jo Jo said today-
-He was in my lap coloring while I was on the computer this morning and dropped a crayon. He told me to get it, but I told him to get it. He said no and when I asked him why he said, "cuz (pause) cuz I can't." I always laugh when he uses words/phrases that we do.
-I was getting ready in my bathroom this morning and he was in my room when he came running in yelling "wook it, wook it, duh bug." I asked him where and he said, "In a(the) window." So of course I had to go look and it was on the outside of the screen. There were several, so I had to keep going back in there to see them. He was rather excited about it.
-I was changing him this morning and accidentally got poop on the back of his shorts, so I took them off and told him I had to get him new shorts. He said, "The baby pants." So I asked him if he was mama's baby or a big boy, to which he adamantly replied, "I a big boy!"
-We were in a public restroom today and he wanted to flush it for me. It was one of those loud, high powered ones and he ran into the corner of the stall and was yelling about how loud it was.
-Yesterday we were driving home and on the corner of the street where we turn to come to our house there's a farm with cows. Well, he must've cleaned out the corrals because it really stunk. Our windows were down and he says, "Stinky cows."
He cracks me up.

Peanut also said something funny. We were in the backyard and he was telling me about the bees that were "surrounding" the playground. I thought it was too funny that he knew that word and that he used it correctly. When I told him to get dressed this morning he came down with these cute brown and blue plaid shorts on with gray socks with baseballs on them pulled up almost to his knees, and a black t-shirt on that has orange skateboard signs on it. I finally convinced him to wear his flip flops and let me get him a matching shirt. But when we got home he had to put the socks back on and his soccer cleats. I got the outdoor shoe tote out the other day and went thru it yesterday and we found cleats that fit him, so he hasn't wanted to take them off. He starts YMCA soccer on Sat. He also made a zoo the other day out of Legos for his animals. It's pretty awesome, so I had to take a few pictures because he still has it together (in the hallway for some reason).

2 comments:

Delia said...

Your boys are so much fun to read about. That zoo is pretty impressive.

Jo Jo is so grown. I love hear all the fun things he saying. I also adore that picture of him praying at with his brothers at the kid table. SO cute!

You sound so busy. I am kind of glad that Owen opted out of soccer this year.

Janet said...

Your experience at the football game reminds me a lot of what our Sacrament meetings are like! Thankfully though, those benches do have backs on them. Good times!

I'm cracking up at Peanut's outfit! Kate likes to do the same thing and is constantly wearing her shirt backwards--even when I tell her it's backwards, she just shrugs her shoulders and keeps it that way. I wish I had some of that confidence.

I love the picture from the backyard--so cute!