Monday, May 3, 2010

I don't feel like rearranging pictures today, so here you go all at once.


Bubba pitching on Sat.


Jo Jo kept telling me, "Take my picture," and then would go pose.


Kicking the ball during drills.


Cute soccer boy.


Foul tip Fri. night.


Playing 2nd base.

We were able to play Bubba's game from Fri. night on Sat. so we're not behind. We went to some beautiful fields that I really wish were ours. Oh well. Of course it decided to rain. Luckily it was just a steady drizzle, but it's really fun to hold an umbrella with one hand and score with the other, all the while trying to make sure the book doesn't get out from underneath at all. We played against our football coach's team. So Bubba played against 3 of his football teammates. One of which was a pitcher. He won't be on our football team this year because he's too old, but he was our quarterback so imagine that kid pitching a baseball. Um yeah. So Bubba got hit by a pitch in the foot and walked, but he did score a run on that. And then he struck out next time up. Even with the incessant pep talks (and yes dad I told him what you said as well-which B had already mentioned), he still gets down on himself. The problem was that B took him out that morning before we went to Peanut's soccer game and he hit every stinkin' ball! So he's frustrated that he can't do it in a game. I told him-#1 the kids pitching aren't as good as dad, and #2 he's physcing himself out. He insists he's not, but that's got to be what's happening. Yesterday afternoon B took them to the school to hit and he even dented a baseball, so the kid can hit.

Soccer was first in the morning. It was freezing. They did a few more drills for the first half and then they got to play an actual game. Peanut got to be goalie first. He was a little bummed afterwards because he didn't get to kick the ball because the other kids were crowded around it, but I assured him that it was okay because he went after it and knew what he was supposed to do. It was interesting to say the least. Some of the kids have no clue and others know what to do. I wish there weren't any 4 yr. olds so they'd at least be closer to the same level. Oh well, it's first experience and he's having a great time and learning new skills. I feel so bad because he really likes to play baseball with his brothers. Maybe next year his age group will be on a different schedule and he'll be able to play too.

We went on a date that afternoon. We discovered that if we go around 4pm then we can get to a movie and dinner and be back by bedtime. Jo Jo freaks out (even for my sister) if his brothers go to bed and he's left awake with no mom and dad to hang out with. They liked this sitter much better than the other neighbor. She's in our ward and just lives down the street. She even brought a book for Jo Jo and games to play with the bigger boys. She has a sister that's a little younger than Jo Jo so we knew she would be good. They told me after she left that they didn't like the other girl because she had texted the whole time. I told them they should've told me that after she left-not 2 mths. later. So they requested the new girl again for next time.

We have practice for JP and a game for Bubba tonight, so we can go see the game while JP is at practice, get JP after and come back to the game. I love days like this because I like to see all the games that I can. Oh yeah, it was uber cold Fri. night for JP's game. I had 3 layers, plus 3 blankets. It was windy and freezing. B is getting tired of my complaining at each game because I don't stop the whole time. But I'm just seriously annoyed that we haven't had nice weather for a single game! It's ruining baseball season for me. One of the mom's told me she brings a sleeping bag and doesn't care who laughs becuase she's warm and they're not. I'll try not to gripe today. It looks ugly out again. No sun yet and the wind looks like it's starting. It's freakin' May already!!! I might have to move before next winter.

2 comments:

Delia said...

It has been unseasonably cold for sure.

You are such a trooper for supporting your boys.

That is weird that they group the 4 and 5 year olds together for soccer. Here they group 3 and 4 year olds and then 5 and 6. But we aren't even doing soccer anyway. :)

I hope Bubba can get up his confidence at bat again!

Janet said...

I'm telling you, Texas is a great place to live and they are serious about sports. ;)

The pictures look great! O.k. and I love the afternoon date idea. We're trying to get to where we can leave Kelly with the kids, but it gets tricky. We're totally going to have to try that.