Thursday, April 1, 2010

Or Not...

So it snowed last night and this morning. Our zoo trip has obviously been cancelled. The rain came and washed it all away, but it's still freezing outside. I'm very sad, but also very mad. So much for the last 2 days of Spring Break. We were going to Wahooz tomorrow, but snow is in the forecast and there's no point in going if we can't do all of the outdoor stuff. Sat. is conference. Next Sat. is our opening day for baseball. Bubba's project is due on the 13th. What to do? I can take just him to the Discovery Center tomorrow maybe since it's way too expensive to take the whole family. My kids are driving me insane. Besides the usual screaming at each other, so far today JP has ground Peanut's hand and foot into the carpet, and kneed Bubba in the nose. The nose was an accident as he was trying to shove Bubba out of the room while he was in time-out from hurting Peanut. They hate being caged up. So I think we'll head out to Big 5 to get the under armour. It wasn't as expensive as Sports Authority. Thanks Justin for rubbing in the nice Texas weather. And Janet I would take 80 degrees right now! I love when it's warm. I prefer when it's in the 70's rather than when it gets to be 100 in the summer, but I'd take anything warmer than this right now. We even had a few days last summer that were hotter than AZ. Last summer I took the kids to the pool (neighborhood) like 3-4 days a week because they would wear me down until I did. It was so much work with Jo Jo because he would stand on the top step and jump in-all the way under the water. I'd lift him out and he would repeat-over and over and over. I'm hoping this year that I can just throw the floaty on him and he'll go for it. That means we'll for sure teach Peanut to swim. AJ (my BIL) taught JP to swim two years ago, so hopefully I can convince him because I'm really not a good enough above water swimmer to teach him.
Well the market is closed tomorrow so at least we get an extra day home with dad. I'm very excited. I LOVED when we lived on the farm the first 2 yrs. and all I had to do was go out back to see him. I would ride the loader or feed truck with him and help him milk sometimes (although the novelty of that didn't last very long). Then even when we moved up here to finish school after Bubba was born he had a job where he went around to all the different office supply stores to make sure all the HP stuff was organized and set up correctly. So I still saw him throughout the day, and occasionally (I can never spell that word without spell check) go with him. So I miss him during the day, so any extra day home is a treat. Man I'm freezing. Even in my own house. I keep the heat at 65 (which has saved us about $200 a month this year), but then I have to wear 2 layers in the house and walk around with a blanket. And my hands get especially cold when I'm on the computer.
I forgot to mention one of Jo Jo's fun things he said the other night. B was getting some ice cream out of the freezer and he was standing right at his feet and very clearly he said, "cookie dough!" I realized that I never even paid attention to when he started using the /k/ sound. But then I thought of how well he says, "chockit nilk." He's actually asking for ice cream right now. He has been refusing to nap on occasion, yet he acts like a grumpy head and screams to lie in his bed when he gets that way. It would be wonderful if he would actually let me put him in his bed.
So I tried the baking soda. Thanks for the tip. It helped a tiny bit, but my car still stunk yesterday. Last night after the gym I went to Target and got some pet odor remover stuff. I figured if it can get rid of urine and feces, it has to work on sour milk. For the most part it's gone. You can still smell it if you get your nose close, but I don't plan on doing that everyday obviously.
So when the kids found out today was April Fool's Day (does anyone know where this holiday came from?) Bubba had water on his face like he'd taken a drink and said, "Mommy I just drank out of the toilet." For a milisecond I thought he really did and then when he had that silly grin I realized he really hadn't.

1 comment:

Delia said...

Good idea on using pet odor powder. Glad you got most of it out.

SOrry about your plans being ruined. If I had plans I would be bummed too by this weather.

I hope you can get out of the house so your kids don't go nuts.