Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Busy, Busy

JP had his appt. today. I wasn't planning on the shot because of baseball, but the doctor assured me it would only hurt for about a day and that he should be good to go for his first game tomorrow night. I guess it will only be a little tender today. Anyway, he was brave so we got a donut afterwards on the way to school. I can't believe I got everyone up and dressed and Bubba to school on time and to the doctor on time this morning. It was a small miracle. I forgot about it last night so after I put the two bigs ones to bed, I gave the little ones a bath. Hello, the big boys couldn't fall asleep because of loud and louder playing cars in the tub-which I had told Peanut he didn't need any because I don't want them to rust. Good thing he listens to me. AND he was freaking out that he only had 6 and not 8. I don't know why that was the magic number, but when we cleaned the playroom yesterday (actually when I mostly cleaned it), he wanted to leave out the track and exactly 8 cars. I definitely think he's got my OCD problems. Some of my little quirks-I guess you'd call them-seem to be getting worse, or at least I'm starting new ones. Fabulous.
At the moment, Jo Jo has the big blanket from the living room on the tile floor and is rolling around in it with just his head poked out. Peanut is using his tokens to play on the Wii and keeps giving me a play by play. It really annoys me when people talk to me while I'm doing something. I feel bad about it, but that's just one of my many faults. B can testify to this because if he trys to hug me when he gets home from work and I'm in the middle of cleaning or cooking I get annoyed. Very sad for him and I always feel bad, but I'm moving around and focused so it's hard for me to stop even for a second.
So the love of my life is gone in New Jersey this week. I guess technically it's a good thing because he was invited back for a second training because he's doing well in his job. The guy they hired before him was NOT invited back because he's lazy and almost never does anything, and therefore only has like two clients-one of which are his in-laws. Anyway, he took his own car to the airport since he doesn't get in until 11:30 pm on Thurs. He left Sun. after sacrament. The kids were great that day, but last night when it was time for b-ball was a different story. Bubba freaked out once we got in the car because he didn't have his water and even though I had told him to get his own water ready, he was annoyed that I hadn't done it. He thought we would be late if he went in and got some. (Great now Jo Jo is walking around the kitchen with the blanket over his head. He's already knocked over a kitchen chair and just now almost walked into the corner of the granite countertop that is just his height). So anywho, there was a fit when I honked the horn because we found one in the car. I guess I startled him. It became a rude match aimed at mom with a boy who was annoyed that kids aren't allowed to be mad at parents. Which I told him he can be mad all he wants, but he can't yell at me and be disrespectful. No Wii for a day. Then we had a "where's my other cleat?" incident with JP when I was taking him and his friend to practice 20 min. later. Mind you we were already in the car and halfway down the block. Really? How did you get in the car with only one? So he couldn't find it and luckily we were only halfway down the block. Although, he was insisting I didn't need to drive ALL the way back home because they would be 10 min. late. I should just drive his friend. Really? Like I'm just going to take him all the way there and not you when we're two feet from our house. So I went to go inside and I hear a yell "We found it." It was under the seat. Good thing he looks really hard (sarcasm here). I have such dramatic children. I really didn't need any girls. So hopefully today will be better so I won't have to hide in my closet with the bathroom door locked.
I have to figure out how to keep score for Bubba's game tomorrow night. B did it on Sat. for the scrimmage and said his back was in knots by the end because he was so stressed out trying to figure it out. So I printed a blank sheet off the computer last night and looked at some instructions. It's really easy the website and coach both said. Whatever. All of the abbreviations look like Korean. I borrowed the book from the coach last night during practice and I think I've got the main things down, which he said is really all that's required. But at the same time I have to do pitch count. Oh, and did I mention I have to do the other team as well, so there's no break to make sure I have it all down right. Awesome. Why did I volunteer us to do this? I totally thought it was only pitch count like last year. NOT! There are seriously no parents who volunteer. You're supposed to do that or pay an extra $50, but no one wants to pay that, so they sign up for something, but don't do it. That's why I'm team mom for both teams. And I'm supposed to email the umps each game to remind them of who has it that day. And I had to set up the snack shack work schedule. Luckily we only have it for two nights in May, but we have to have 3 people for each night. I also decided it would be a good idea to make up a little roster for each team (like a small laminated bookmark) with their numbers so the parents would know who they were cheering for. Oh yeah, and I put the snack schedules together and seemed to miss signing someone up for last night, so at the last minute I luckily had 11 packs of fruit snacks (meaning if everyone showed JP wouldn't get one). This was already my 2nd snack day and I'll be doing a third since everyone else is already signed up for two. Sweet. We have football sign-ups on Sat. We're going to the university to do it so we can all sign up together. Football doesn't start until the end of Aug. Really? So it's a busy life, but that's what you get when you decide having four kids would be a great idea. And they turn out to be all boys who like sports.

3 comments:

Delia said...

That was exhausting to read. Your title was very fitting. That is great that you keep the teams together and organized. Your boys will thank you...one day. :)

Delia said...

Oh and the cream puff recipe is Amy's from the family cookbook under desserts. It is really easy and yummy!

Janet said...

O.k., just reading about getting everyone out the door to practice/games made my heart rate go up! Those are such frustrating moments! It's usually times like that that my kids want to mess around in the car too and not get in their seats. I'm sure our neighbors are getting tired of hearing me yelling--"Get in your seats! We have to go!"
Whew!

I think it's awesome that you keep your boys involved in sports. I can't tell you how guilty I feel for not signing our kids up for anything--especially Kevin. Ugh! Anyway, I'm so impressed at how you do it all. Especially keeping score--that is really hard to do. The people who say it's easy are just saying that so that someone else will do it! Good luck with all of your baseball responsibilities.

Here's a glimpse of girl drama. Poor Kelly has had meltdowns the last two days after I've picked her up from school. Her most recent sounded like this..."It's just so hard!! I don't want to grow up! Things used to be so simple and fun! It's just so hard!!" (Insert deep, deep sobs in between each statement). Good Times, good times. When is that Mexico trip again? :)