Monday, April 5, 2010



So Alicia and AJ (my sis and her husband) were here for Sat. conference. Alicia thought it would be a good idea to put Jo Jo's hair in pigtails while I wasn't looking. I'll have to admit it was pretty dang cute, and the closest thing I'll ever get (besides the polished toes) to having a cute little girl.




We colored eggs after the 2nd session-2 per boy so we wouldn't have too many to eat. They always have so much fun. Then while the boys went to the Priesthood session, my sister and I took the 4 boys to Deseret Book for their ladies night. It actually wasn't too crowded to move like the one closer to our home. They had pound cake, super good cookies, and mints. They also did drawings, which of course we didn't win. The lady let Bubba do a round of drawing. We were planning on leaving before the final drawing since we weren't winning anyway, but JP announced that he was doing the final round of drawing. He was very sorry he couldn't win us the grand prize, which was a nice framed picture. I did however, get the free gift at the door. It was a pink and black address book, notebook, sticky notes, and pen. Was it worth it? Probably not, but fun anyway. Fathers and sons campout will be in May again. Why they do it then while it's still freezing in the mountains is beyond me. I think it's really stupid. Plus, it's on the weekend of our anniversary/my b-day. Obviously we can't go out on a week night, so I'm not sure what we'll do. B has announced that he will be taking ALL of the boys this year since Jo Jo can run around and has already been on one camping trip last summer. HOORAY! Can I tell you how excited I am? I think that should be my present. It will be a nice payback since he will be going out of town to New Jersey next week for 4 DAYS! I'm not sure how I'll survive or if I'll even be here when he gets back :) Janet, since you asked, yes we can go together! Somewhere warm like Mexico :)
JP and Peanut decided Sat. night to both sleep in Peanut's room-in the same bed. Peanut was a little squished when we went in before we went to bed. Peanut has been having problems going to sleep by himself lately. It was very sweet of JP to think of it all on his own. When Bubba asked him why he was sleeping with him JP said, "I like to hang out with my other brother sometimes." He said it like-duh why wouldn't I. Pretty sweet. So JP claims that they woke up at 2 am, but I'm not sure about that. They must have been mushing each other. I'm guessing that they woke early-whatever time it may have been-because they were uber tired. Luckily we got them both to fall asleep during the 2nd session of conference.



Peanut has stayed dry at night for 7 days in a row now, so we are getting him a "prize" when we get groceries today. He already knows that he wants a color changing car to go with his collection.
Jo Jo has started telling me when he poops, so I'm hoping this is leading to potty training. There have been a few times when he tells me he wants to go pee. However I do not have the time or patience to sit with him for 20 min. while he gets up and down off the stool and picks little pieces of toilet paper off the rool to throw in the toilet. Heaven forbid he should sit on the potty seat. I guess with 4 other males in the house standing up to go, it is unacceptable to sit down to go.
JP's ankle is still really swollen. It hasn't been affected at all by the ibuprofen. I teally hope he won't have to get a shot next week.

2 comments:

Delia said...

Cute pigtails! :) Glad you had a good weekend.

Yay for Peanut staying dry at night! Whoo hoo!

Janet said...

O.k. I'm packing my bag right now. Just give me a call 10-15 minutes before you leave and I'll be there! :) Seriously, good luck while B is out of town. I'll have you in my thoughts and prayers.

Congratulations Peanut on a dry bed! What a relief for everyone!

Maybe next Spring Break you will just have to come to Texas. ;)

I'm sorry about JP's ankle. I hope he doesn't have to get a shot too.

Thank you for the great birthday card for Kevin! Bubba's cursive looks great. I love how he helped to sign Jo Jo's name.