Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 2 & 3

Yesterday we went and saw "The Spy Next Door" with Jackie Chan. Cute movie. The boys really liked it. Dad even left work early and came and saw it with us. Unfortunately, Jo Jo hadn't had a nap (silly me) and he freaked out. I had to leave with him, but I was determined not to miss it, so I came back in, sat in the back, and he ran up and down the aisle with 2 other babies. At least he wasn't the only one. I would've felt worse if people had paid more to get in and if he were the only one.

Today we went to 4 different stores looking for stupid under armor for JP for baseball. Bubba already has a shirt, so we just need one. But it's impossible to find unless you are willing to go to a sports store and spend $25-30. I wouldn't worry about it, but it's so cold for almost the entire season that he needs something and a regular long sleeved shirt doesn't keep you as warm. And if you wear a sweatshirt, you can't tell what team you're playing for. Well, I guess the hat would tell people. Anyway, we never found one. We did however find a long sleeved church shirt for Bubba-who won't stop growing-for only $11 at Kohl's. I also found him a winter coat for next season at Walmart that was marked down from $33 to $9! Woo hoo! Tomorrow we're planning the zoo for Bubba's field science project. I'm sure it will be chilly again like last year, but it's the only other day this week for sunshine and it's half price. Dad says if we are there late enough he might meet us. They're counting down until Fri. because Dad has Good Friday off since the market's closed, and he promised them since we got coupons for Wahooz, we'd go that day. They have an arcade, mini golf, batting cages, and go carts. We also stopped at the library really quick so we could pick up Peanut's Diego Adventure Wii game that came in. He's having a great time trying to find the dinosaur's family. I was excited to hear from our home teacher on Sun. that the library carries Wii games! So we have like 10 on hold. One of them, we're 87th on the list, but that's okay because we should be getting more in the mean time. The older boys had grade money burning a hole in their pockets so they pooled their money and found a cheap hot wheels game at Kohl's. We decided we're going to make them start saving half of their money. That went over well-NOT!

Jo Jo has started saying a few things that crack me up. He says, "yeah," "okay," and "alright." It just sounds funny coming from a 2 yr. old. And he knows how to use them in the right context. Bubba told him he had to eat 3 bites of dinner before he could have some chips and he said, "okay." And if I ask him questions now he'll say, "yeah." Although, he'll still say "no" if he doesn't want to do whatever it is. Funny little guy. He can be such a pill sometimes. I was feeling extremely claustrophobic by the end of the day yesterday. I was trying to sit on the couch by B, and Bubba was on my left pretty much on top of me so he could share the blanket. B was on my right, and Jo Jo was climbing up my front and flopping around on me. I finally ran away and took a hot bath and read a book. What a wonderful husband I have that lets me get away like that. I think he's afraid I'll run away for good if I don't get a break. ;)

I can't believe I've only taken this one picture as of late. I'll definitely take some at the zoo.

2 comments:

Delia said...

That would make me claustrophobic too. :)

That is awesome that your library has Wii games! HOpe you find some under armor.

Janet said...

If you do decide to run away for real, (just for a short time of course), let me know because I will be right there with you! I love under armour stuff, but I hate how expensive it is! You'd think it was made of gold or something. :) Good luck finding a shirt for JP!