Wednesday, June 2, 2010

So Sad...

that Little Bear is sick. He was fine all day yesterday. He seemed a little bit more clingy that usual, but not bad. He even played outside with dad and brothers. When they all came in to eat dinner he walked over to his chair and layed his head down on it. We kept asking him if he was okay or sick and he kept saying no. B felt his head and he felt hot so we finally got his temperature taken. It was 100. So I gave him some Tylenol and held him on the couch. He fell asleep for about 20 min. and then got up and ate a few bites of hamburger. After that I pretty much held him and he fell asleep again after putting brothers to bed. He woke up around midnight coughing and crying and because I have mama sixth sense I knew he was throwing up. I went in there and sure enough he was sitting up crying with it all around him. I scooped him up and put him in the tub and went back in his room to take all the bedding off to the laundry room (which luckily is directly across the hall). Then I went back in the bathroom, but he wouldn't let me turn on the light so I turned on the hall light and took his clothes off and started the water. He was crying the entire time and I kept thinking that everyone would wake up because the tub is loud too and since the door was open it was even louder. He had the shivers and didn't want water on his hair, but I decided just to unplug the drain and wash him quick and get him out. I snuggled with him in his towel for a bit and then took him downstairs to put on a diaper and jammies. I held him while I watched tv for awhile to make sure he was asleep and then lied him down on the couch so I could make his bed, which ended up just being a blanket thrown on the matress and then put the humidifier in there because he was choking on a lot of mucous. When I picked him up he woke up again and didn't want to lie in there, but I soothed him into it and gave him his bear and dog and despite not wanting to put a blanket on him gave in. He slept through the rest of the night and woke up about 10 am this morning. His temp is up to 102. And he fell asleep as soon as I held him on the couch. He's up again and having some dry cereal. Thank goodness for Tylenol. Fortunately Peanut has a doctor's appt. today to get his Kindergarten check-up so they said they could check baby too. I'm actually hoping for an ear infection because at least he can get medicine to feel better, whereas if it's a virus we'll just have to wait it out. More update to follow.

1 comment:

Delia said...

Sounds like Reid's illness is communicable through internet. :( Just kidding. But SO sad to hear Jo Jo is sick. Poor baby. Hope he gets well.