Friday, June 4, 2010

Heaven


Nut Nut in the catcher's gear we got at Play it Again (used sports store) for $30. He's not wearing the free knee pads because they're too big. We got it because the big boys really throw hard now and now they're protected.


JP shooting dad's pellet gun on Memorial Day when we went whistle pig shooting. We saw lots, but couldn't get them to be still long enough to shoot them.


Punkin head when he fell asleep with daddy when he had his fever. I especially love the bracelet he's wearing that Bubba got as a prize at the school carnival that day.

I was in heaven last night when I got my Mother's Day massage. It was perfect timing because I woke up yesterday with a stiff neck. I've had a huge knot in my right shoulder blade for several months now. She had to work really hard on that spot and couldn't believe how big it was. I told B I was ready to go again next week. :) Actually since he's had his shingles, I decided he needs one for Father's Day. Speaking of-he's starting to feel a little better. Jo Jo woke up completely fine yesterday. I put him down the night before around 10 pm, but he woke up around midnight and decided to scream for about an hour and a half. I have absolutely no idea what was wrong with him. His fever was completely gone. He wanted me to hold him, but then not. He wanted his drink, but not. B woke up and saved me by distracting him and taking him in the backyard to listen to the frogs. When we came back in he seemed a little better. He finally let me hold him so B could go back to bed. I finally got to bed around 1:45 am. Then this morning he woke up around 4:30 and didn't go back to sleep until 6 am. I brought him in our bed, but after an hour I couldn't handle the kicking in my spine, so I took him to his bed and let him scream for another 20 min. or so. I finally brought him back in our bed and B got him to settle down before getting up for work. I was so exhausted because I had woken up around 4 am to go to the bathroom and then couldn't go back to sleep because I started thinking of everything I had to do for both baseball games tonight. And then Jo Jo woke up.

So tonight I have to score at Bubba's first tournament game, but I also have to get the boys to sign 3 baseballs that I bought for the coaches. JP's last game is tonight and they've decided to do ice cream sundaes after, but I still haven't received all of the money for trophies (that I picked up yesterday along with $50 giftcards for each head coach that I had to pay for out of my own pocket). B will be there to get the rest of the money, but also has to make sure the coach gets the trophies and his giftcard. Ahhhh... So I'm stressing a little. Oh yeah, I forgot that I need to get an additional 50 cents from each parent because I mis-calculated their total, which I know sounds stupid, but it adds up to an addtional $5.50 and I already paid for a baseball for the coach out of my own pocket. So B will have to be exchanging quarters tonight. I HATE this. I'm never doing this again. It's ridiculous that no one else volunteered on either team. I don't know why I thought I could do both.

Laundry today, freezer jam, sweeping up all the play-doh off the floor, and vaccuming. The boys got out of school at noon for their last day. I've never seen bigger smiles. Now let's see if I can survive the summer with "bored" kids.

2 comments:

Delia said...

Glad B is feeling better. What a rough night with Jo Jo. NO fun at all. I feel for you!

Janet said...

Great pictures! You're boys are so cute! I love the deal on the catcher's gear--thank goodness for play it again sports!

Good Luck with all of the baseball stuff! Hopefully you don't have too much trouble collecting $$-that is such a pain! Again, good luck!

I'm glad B is feeling better and that Jo Jo is doing better. That always helps. Sorry about your bad night, hopefully you'll get a little nap or something.