Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm Not So Sure

I'm not so sure I'll survive this summer. It's only the 3rd official day of summer and I'm already going nuts. The first 2 days Bubba followed me around everywhere I went telling me how bored he was. I literally gave him 10 ideas of things to do, but he didn't want to do any of them. He only wanted to play the Wii for free (normally they have to use tokens) or go to the pool. I don't know that there are enough words to tell you how much I hate going to the pool. It wouldn't be bad if I didn't have to haul all of our stuff over there and have to watch Jo Jo the whole time. He's done okay so far, but I have a feeling that by the next time we go, he's going to remember that he loves jumping in. I took them Mon. even though it didn't feel warm enough to me. We went to the "livary" that morning and got some books and movies. Then in the late afternoon we went to the pool. We only stayed for an hour because of course I put it off all day and then it's time to make dinner. Yesterday he begged me all morning and I finally gave him a very firm no and told him that I was NOT going to take them everyday all summer because I had other things to do. He asked why we couldn't go (yesterday) and I said, "Because I don't want to." The End. So I told him we would go today and luckily it rained this morning. Yay off the hook. Not so fast. By early afternoon it was sunny and over 70 so they thought we should go. I did legos with Peanut while Jo Jo had a nap and then when he suddenly woke up when Bubba came home from the neighbors, I agreed to go. Jo Jo only wanted to throw stuff in the kiddie pool until I told the boys they only had 10 min. left. Then he decided he wanted to sit on the step in the big pool. Then after I got him out, while the other boys were drying off, he decided to actually get IN the kiddie pool that he had been nervous about up to that point. So I have a feeling that next time he'll be ready for the big pool. Sigh.

No comments: