Sunday, June 6, 2010

I Survived!

I made it through Friday night. I got Bubba off to practice before the game at 5pm, then came home and got everything ready to go and B got home and we switched cars. I went off to Bubba's game and got there in the nick of time to get everything ready to score. B showed up at the beginning of the game, but stayed in the car watching for a bit because Jo Jo had fallen asleep. Bubba was up first and though he didn't hit, he made it to the base on balls. He played short stop for most of the game and caught several outs. He was AWESOME!! Then he played center field and caught a pop fly. He amazes me. They started off well, but then the final score ended up us losing 8-1. They'll make a couple of errors and then it snowballs. It's like they can't come back from it because they start to stress out. I felt so so bad for our second pitcher. A few of the kids were hitting off him and he started crying right on the mound. I wanted to run out and give him a hug. I was trying to talk loud enough for the coach to go out there because it was making him pitch even worse. He finally did, and it helped somewhat, but you could see that he was still stressed out and upset. It's such a big deal to them to be in a tournament game. So that was the end of our season since we lost. I got most of the kids to sign the balls when I dropped Bubba off for practice and after the game. We'll have our party on Thurs.

Our game ended early so we made it over to JP's game just in time for sundaes and I was able to give the coach his card and ball holder with the team ball. I even got a sundae. We got all of the money from everyone! Hooray! That took away a lot of stress.

Yesterday I went to the Sat. market in our little downtown area. JP and Peanut wanted to come while Jo Jo stayed home with Daddy while Bubba mowed the lawn. This is a new, wonderful thing. And he really enjoys it. I think it makes him feel big. The market has fresh food booths and homemade craft booths. We got 3 small yummy smelling wax things for our heated scentsy holders. She even makes them in shapes of hearts and things. JP picked out watermelon scent for their room. I couldn't decide so I picked two-almond pastries and casaba mist. I love clean smells and I love almond smell. We got a sample of honey and saw a cool beehive. We found some cool bottle caps that had sayings or letters or pictures in them. Today is my sister's birthday, so I found her a sparkly "A" one that they made into a keychain. Then we stopped and got a watermelon plant because ours died because I planted it too low. It was my first time planting (B has done it in the past), so I really didn't know what I was doing. It's a star melon and is supposed to end up with white star and moon shapes on the rind. And lastly we walked by a booth that had wallets made out of recycled candy wrappers. The lady gave one to each of the boys for a $1. JP picked out one made of a chewy nerds wrapper and Peanut's was dark M & M's.

Then we went to the park, but JP and I had to leave after only a little while so we could get to his best friend's baptism. He's in his school class and he and one other LDS boy are the group he hangs out with. I love that he gravitated towards LDS kids at school without even realizing they were at first. Anyway, he was very excited about it. We went to his house after for some food and then he stayed until after 8pm when his mom brought JP home. He's excited to invite him to his baptism in Aug. I also mentioned that he should invite our neighbor friend who's not a member to see if he would like to see what it's like to be baptized in our church. He said, "Yeah and then he can start coming to our church instead of Eagle Christian." Oh how I love my future missionary. His mom actually has a sister and brother that have both joined the church and I've had several conversations with her about the gospel. They went to the Catholic church forever and then switched a year ago to this other Christian church. I told her they were always welcome at ours. She knows a lot already because of her siblings and it's amazing how many times she says things that are what we believe. She came to a Christmas program with me several years ago. I guess all I can do is continue to talk to her when it comes up and invite her. It's hard when you see a family who is so close, but doesn't have the whole piece. Anyway, this has been long enough. I invited my sister over tonight and told her I'd make her a cake and ice cream. I'm going to attempt a Hello Kitty cake. I really want to take cake decorating classes.

2 comments:

Delia said...

You are such a sweet sister! Happy Birthday to her.

Wow...yours boys are awesome boys and great missionaries already!

Glad that baseball stress is over. I bet that feels good.

I went back to look at the requirements for passports because we are actually flying into Buffalo, New York and then driving into Toronto. I thought for sure they needed a passport or passport card to at least come back in the country once they have left which is why we got one for our kids. We got the cards so that we COULD drive. You must have an actual passport booklet if you want to fly. I just wasn't sure if it was different on the Vancouver side or something. Well your comment got me curious so I double checked (to make sure we didn't go through all that grief for nothing!)...I checked the Department of State Website here:
http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/minors/minors_834.html

It says that all minors under the age of sixteen need a passport or a passport card. I don't know who told you about the 15 and under information but I think it is outdated. These changes were brought about with the new heightened border security because of terrorist attacks in the last decade. Good luck! :) I hope I am wrong because it can take six weeks to get a card...2-3 if you expedite.

Janet said...

You are so creative--you would do really well in a cake decorating class! I took a beginning one, once a long time ago and really enjoyed it.

I have no idea why Kate was hiding in the closet-goofy girl!

Your Saturday market sounds like a lot of fun! We have one here, but I have yet to be able to go.