Monday, May 31, 2010

My poor sweet love has shingles. Poo. Last week he noticed a tiny circular spot that looked like a rash on his right hip. A couple of days later he told me that his right side had been hurting, so I convinced him to go to the doctor. My first thought was a possible spider bite because of the pain spreading. My second thought was shingles, but it looked more like a rash than shingles. In case you don't know, shingles is the chicken pox virus that usually appears from stress, but also if you're around someone with chicken pox and you've already had that before. In his case it was stress induced. I didn't realize he'd been internalizing it so much. He's learned his lesson. He is on an anti-viral so hopefully his will be the 10 day since he went in right at the beginning. My BIL had them once and said they were very painful. Well B is in quite a bit of pain. I feel so incredibly bad because there's nothing I can do to help. His entire right side hurts from his shoulder to his knee. He keeps having muscle spasms as well. The more rest he gets, the quicker he'll heal. I made him sleep all day yesterday. We went to the store today, but he rested most of the morning. He's been on pain pills and as long as he takes them every few hours, he seems to hold up okay. The problem is that the ER doc didn't give him very many. He's supposed to follow up with our doctor anyway, so he's going to call tomorrow to re-fill the prescription and hopefully also get a muscle relaxer for the spasms. Don't you feel horrible when one of your loved ones is in pain? I always wish I could take it for them. That's probably how Christ felt and one of the reasons he was willing to atone for our pains.

In happier news, I found some magic jeans. We were out at Kohl's on Sat. getting JP new church shoes and there is a brand new Dick's sporting goods in the same shopping center so the boys went down there and I went into the shoe store. I'm trying to find some new white sandals and I hadn't used my birthday money yet. I didn't find anything, but there's also a store on the way to the sporting goods place that I thought I would go into. I saw some good priced jeans and they had a kind that said they were just below the waist. Yay, non low riders! So I asked a sales girl about them and she warned me that they usually stretch out a full size within the first hour that you wear them. So I got my regular size and the size smaller. My size was really loose around the waist which had me feeling good. The size smaller still had room in the back a little, which is making me feel great. I went one size smaller just to see if they would fit because I didn't want them stretching out too big. Holy cow, they fit perfect! TWO sizes smaller than I wear. I haven't worn this size jean since college. So here's my take on them. I think they were invented by a woman who wants women to feel good about themselves so your normal size is labeled as a smaller size so you feel pretty dang good about yourself. Anyway, I think they're magic jeans like the ones in "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." AND they go to my waist! I think I might go back and buy another pair.

This week we have the end of school carnival on Wed. Then JP has a class party at the park after school and a baseball game that night. Fri. is early release for the last day and we have JP's last game and Bubba's first tournament game. We both want to see Bubba's, but B is going to go to JP's for a little while so he doesn't feel bad. Sat. we have JP's b-ball party and the following Thurs. is Bubba's. Did I mention I'm the team mom for both teams? I ordered the awards last Fri. and pick them up this week and planned both the parties at the park to make it easy. However I have to round up everyone's money for the trophies and then get money separately after I find out how much pizza I need to buy. Needless to say my emails got a little confusing between the two teams. Sheesh. This is the last time I volunteer for so many things. I just hate the fact that NO other moms volunteered for EITHER team. This is a league of volunteers people-do your part. This is the 3rd time I've been team mom in the last 5 that Bubba's been playing-although I should count it as 4th since I'm doing it twice this year.

2 comments:

Janet said...

I'm so sorry about B! I hope he gets feeling better soon.

Congratulations on your magic jeans! That is great! I think you should give yourself more credit though--you've worked hard and should shout it from the rooftops that you went down 2 sizes! That's awesome!

Good luck with your end of the season festivities. You are an amazing team mom!

Delia said...

Poor B. That is no fun at all. I hope he gets better soon.

I love it when I find a good pair of jeans. Congrats on losing two sizes!