Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I guess no news sometimes is good news. No ear infection, just a bug. A spring bug is what the doctor called it. Hopefully gone in 3-5 days. How do they get these anyway when they're not around anyone else who's sick? Weird. Peanut is a picture of perfect health. He's in 75th percentile for height and 70th for weight. I always knew he was tall, just worried a little that he was skinny, but apparently he's just proportionate. His hearing and vision were perfect as well. He thought the funniest thing was having to pee in a cup. And then the doctor told him he could feel cookies in his stomach. Then the doctor kept trying to guess what his underwear were and was guessing all girl things-snow white, little mermaid, Barbie, Dora. He finally gave up and Peanut told him it was "Dark Vader." The nurse kept telling me how mature he was for a 5 yr. old. It's funny because I've often thought this when he's around other kids his age-especially in his speech. It must be the fact that he's got 2 older brothers who talk to him all the time. Poor Peanut had to get 5 shots today. He was the bravest boy ever. He never screamed (which he pointed out to JP when we got home) and only had a few small tears after the last 2 that the nurse said were stinging ones. The first 4 were the regular Kindergarten shots and the last was a new version of a previous one. They're giving them the new one to make sure they protect against any other strains of the virus. Therefore, baby boy had to get one too. He started crying big crocodile tears in the parking lot while saying, "I wanna go home." I kept trying to console him by telling him they were going to look at Peanut. He settled down until the doctor came in. He has a very loud voice so all of our kids have been afraid of him when they were babies. I got him calm while he was checking Peanut by giving him a sucker. Then it was his turn and getting his ears checked was no fun while I had to hold him down. He kept yelling that he wanted to go home. Then he got another sucker. And Peanut got 2-one for each arm. B seems to be doing a little better. He took a muscle relaxer last night and slept super good and was feeling good this morning.

Well at least I'll get some reading done while he's sick since he wants me to hold him the whole time. I'm finishing Eclipse before it comes out. My boys are headed to the farm on Father's Day weekend and my mom is coming up and we're taking Jo Jo with us and going to Forks! I'm so excited. We're going to stay in Seattle the first night and site see the next day. Then we'll stay in Forks that night and do Forks and Port Angeles the next day. Then we'll head over to Victoria, Canada that's just a ferry ride across from there. I've never been to Canada. Then we'll head home in time for the boys to get back from the farm and go to the waterpark with my mom on Sat. Then we'll see the movie on the 30th. The 2 big boys earned a free waterpark pass for reading 600 min. Then the school offered a deal through them that saves $13 off the regular price and you could also add a food ticket for $5 so we got one for me, B, and Peanut, and my mom got one. Yay for deals!

2 comments:

Delia said...

Go Peanut! What a brave boy!

I hope Jo Jo gets better soon!

That is so fun that you get to to Forks! I am curious if you need a passport for Jo Jo to cross into Canada that way? We had to get one for all of us...even Reid and Owen when we go to Toronto in June but I thought I remembered Jared telling me that they went to Vancouver growing up just for the day and stuff with no passport. I just wonder if the border is more laxed there because people commute between there more or something? Just curious is all. :) We already got our passports but I am still balking at how much we had to pay for our kids.

Janet said...

It sounds like a fun trip! I hope you have a great time.

I hope Jo-Jo and B get feeling better soon!