Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Peanut




This year I decided to throw Peanut a little party with 5 friends (since he was turning 5). He got to have his party in the afternoon on his very birthday. One boy didn't come, but another boy's sister came because she's a friend too and was feeling sad. The day before I made the cake. I didn't flour the pan and figured it wouldn't make that much of a difference. But I left it cooling in the pan too long I think, so it broke a little around the edges coming out. Of course I didn't think it looked as good as it could have and I didn't have enough frosting to cover the sides very well, but that night when I was done I asked him if he liked it. He said, "It's GREAT!" That was worth the whole thing-the crazy 5 year olds at the party with 30 second attention spans and the cake frustration. I did save $24 on the cake. I had ordered one that he picked out thinking it was only $14, but as she totaled everything up, it ended up being that much more, so needless to say I cancelled it. We did a Cars theme. We played a few games that pre-schoolers could understand, but like I said, they had about a 30 second attention span. They were spinning out the whole time. The best game was the one where they danced to the music and when I turned it off they froze. That gave them a chance to get out all their wiggles. There was one little boy who kept cheating at the game where you put different items in bags and they have to feel what it is and then guess. He would pull the thing out. Luckily, he was at the end of the line. He got some fun stuff. We gave him the Cars little car wash thing. You can drive the cars through and slide them into a cup of water and the color will change. We also got him an extra color changing car and a regular Mater. The other thing we got that he seemed to be just as excited about was a wooden pizza. It's cut into slices and velcroed together and has velcro toppings and a slicer. He's really been wanting that. There's also a birthday cake, a sandwich one, a cupcake one. He pretty much wanted all of them so I picked the one that I thought would be the most fun.

1st Birthday-so careful with the cake and even ate it with a fork later.

Got his Spiderman 4 wheeler for his 2nd Birthday.

Sweet little Peanut. I can't believe you're already 5! Next school year you will already start Kindergarten. What will I do without my little buddy every morning? I love so many things about you. You play so well with your baby and can be by yourself for hours. When I think of you I think of your crazy eyebrows, cute dimple and smiling eyes, your love of cars, puzzles and Legos, animals, your long legs, your cute contagious giggle, your pokey hair, fruit snacks, bread, Eggo waffles, french fries, bear hugs, when you come up and say, "I love you mom" and rub my arm. I love when you want to snuggle with me on the couch. You've been my sweet, sweet little Peanut from the first time I saw a picture of you in my belly. And you will ALWAYS be Peanut to me. I love you little boy.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Happy Birthday Peanut!!! I think that cake looks awesome--you did a great job!

Delia said...

That was so sweet. Happy Birthday Peanut! I too think the cake turned out great.