Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dear Dr. King,
I know you were a great American leader. It must have been hard to fight against racism. Thank you for standing for your beliefs. I love your I have a dream speech.
From,
JP

He came home from school the other day with this mounted to construction paper with a picture of Dr. King on it.

Last night while I was making dinner I heard JP reading Peanut's new library books to him. He never asked him too, nor did I. He just started doing it on his own. That totally made my crappy day all better. His leg is still swollen, not as much I think. Someone threw Bubba to the ground yesterday after school. Luckily he went face down and not on his side. Worrying about that kid will be the death of me. Jo Jo has started talking with his tongue in between his teeth. I don't really know how to describe it, but he mostly just makes noises and it's annoying. Yesterday he climbed in my lap and said, "I a baby." I said yep, you're my baby. He always will be no matter how big-or stinky-he gets.

3 comments:

Janet said...

I'm so sorry about JP. Hopefully the motrin will help. I love reading about your boys. I feel like I get to know them a little better each time. I HATE it when they don't tell you your insurance isn't accepted in their office. That happened to us with a dentist once--soooo lame! I'm glad you're in a better office.

Delia said...

That letter was sweet. JP is such a thoughtful and considerate boy.

Delia said...

Nicole...thanks for your advice. We have done the gospel art kit before with Owen. We just really wanted the kids to be exposed to the language of the scriptures so it is familiar to them from a young age which is why we are striving toward the goal to read 1 Nephi this year. I have been thinking of using the pictures here and there for Reid's sake. Owen's focus level wasn't much different with the pictures but it might help Reid. Thanks.