Monday, March 29, 2010

1st Day of Spring Break

Yesterday we went out to the car to go to church and the car absolutely reeked. We couldn't figure out what it was. To me it smelled like vomit. B said maybe a dirty diaper. We drove to church with the windows down even though it was freezing and 8:30 in the morning. When we got to church, I had them go in and had to search for whatever it was because I couldn't handle the smell. I found the culprit. A sippy cup with milk in it that had been there at least a month. It's been missing forever and I had just assumed that we lost it somewhere. Well we did-in the car. It was underneath the backseat. B said it must have just finally kind of popped some air out causing the smell to come out. I put it outside the car by the tire. When we came out of church, I realized there was no way I could even handle sticking it out the window all the way home, so we just chucked it in the dumpster. I've always been able to handle puke smell, but for some reason that made me dry heave. (sorry to be gross). So my awesome and loving husband went out and scrubbed the carpet. We left all the windows open and garage door cracked, but when I went to get something in the freezer later, it still reeked. So he went out again before bed and said he really really cleaned it all up so it shouldn't smell by today. We kept the windows down all night, though we did close the garage. Guess what? When we went to run errands today, it still smelled. We froze while the windows were down even though the heater was cranked. That will teach them to wear short sleeves when it's nasty weather. Anyway, it's finally going a way a little, but I'm going out there one more time to see if I can get it a little more. I'm going to try and get the seat out, but it weighs a ton, so I might just have to work around it.

The doctor bills keep coming. Apparently we EACH have a deductible. Not just a total like I thought, so we owe quite a bit here and there and everywhere. Bills suck. Luckily we should be good for JP now so we'll only have small co-pays for the rest of the year, which is good since he'll continue to have visits on a regular basis.

Today we had to run errands. We went to the bread store because we only had one left and everyone had sandwhiches yesterday. We got a free box of chocolate donuts for spending more than $10 and that was a very exciting treat for 4 boys. Then we went and picked up my wedding ring because I was getting it re-sized. I had to go down in size since I lost weight because it was spinning on my finger and has almost fallen off a couple of times while cleaning. That was expensive! But better than losing it. Then we returned library books. Then we went to McDonalds through the drive thru as a special treat for Spring Break. No, I don't plan on doing that all week in case you were wondering. On the way home from McD's JP said, "I'm glad I'm not a drink. Even though you would have lots of lives, you'd be in a stomach. And then the toilet." I said, "Ohh gross" at this point to which he answered, "What? It's true. And then you'd go down the drain." Interesting thoughts that boy has sometimes. All this while 4 boys stayed in the car. Don't judge me, I feel that when my almost 10 yr. old is in the car and I can see thru the bread store window, it's okay to leave them. And the library has a drive up drop off. Peanut was still wearing pajamas with no shoes, and Bubba had no shoes. We saw "The Tooth Fairy" on Sat. and the kids loved it. It was really funny. JP cracked up the entire time. We discovered that the $2 theater is only 50 cents on Tuesdays, so we might have to see what's playing tomorrow. We have icky cold, dark weather today and I really hope it doesn't continue all week. Well, they're waiting upstairs so we can have a Ms. Pacman tournament. I'll let you know who wins.

3 comments:

Delia said...

Fun Pac Man tournament! Sounds like a good first day of Spring Break. Sorry about the smell. Nasty. Have you tried sprinkling a bunch of baking soda on it, letting it settle overnight and then vacuuming it up?

That is lame too that you don't have a family deductible.

Janet said...

I am so sorry about the car. That is so frustrating. This is totally random and only remotely related, but years ago we cooked fish in our little apartment and in it's own magical way, it totally stunk up the place--miserable. We doused the carpet with baking soda and let it sit and then vaccummed it up and it got rid of the smell. O.k., we had to do it twice, but it did work.

O.k. I just now read Delia's comment-woops.

Anyways--we just paid off the doctor bills from when Kenzie was born if that makes you feel better. And her delivery was normal! That's crappy insurance for you. I feel your pain.

I hope you get some good weather for your spring break! And don't worry about the b-day card for Kevin. I will show him your comment tomorrow, (he's already in bed) and it will totally make his day!

Nick said...

Okay, so we DO have a family deductible and it's way less than last year. Also, they pay like 80-90%. I realized later that the total bill is $1500, so the insurance paid all but $300. So I guess that's better than paying the full amount. I guess all those tests cost a lot. Which is completely ridiculous.