Friday, March 12, 2010


Pinewood Derby car from last week. I told him to add some stickers or something so we found the googly eyes upstairs right before the race.


Okay, I realize he really needs a haircut, but I still can't bear to cut off those curls and I can't figure out how to cut the top a little shorter without it looking like a mullet. I know as soon as we cut it, he'll end up with dark, straight hair like his brothers and that makes me sad, since he's my last baby.

So we were driving home the other day from pre-school and Peanut asked me how much birthday money he had left because he wanted to buy some color changer cars. I told him he had $3 and that they cost that much. A second later he said, "I would need $6to buy 2 of them." I was like,"Yes, you're smart to know how to add like that." He said, "I just did it in my head." Wow! He got $5 more today from my dad and grandparents right before we went to the store, so that was perfect because then he could get more cars. Did you know that you can never have too many cars? He didn't get a color changer because the "Cars" brand cost $6, but he got 2 "pwain" ones from the movie. He got 2 of the guys that drive alongside Mack and put him to sleep while playing their Kenny G music. I swear pretty soon he'll have the entire cast. I think it's cute, though, that he loves something that much. I wanted to watch a movie with him yesterday and suggested several Disney ones that he hasn't watched in awhile, or never seen at all. He picked "Cars" and wouldn't budge even though we just watched it last week. He told me, "Cars is my favorite movie mom." We read about 15 library books before going to the library today after school to pick up 2 books that the older boys were holding. While we were there, Jo Jo sat in front of the board book section with Peanut and they proceeded to put book after book into our bag while I was trying to help the other boys look up books and okay movies for them. I didn't even notice until I started taking them out at the counter. I honestly have no idea how many he got, but he got 5 movies and at least 20 board books. I was like-oh well at least they're short. The older boys ended up getting a couple of chapter books and comic books even though they already have some at home they need to finish reading. I left wondering why I let them do that instead of making them read the other ones first. At least they love to read.

JP's ankle has a really puffy spot full of fluid again. It has us a little worried. I hope it's not anything bad. It's causing him to limp really bad. He has baseball starting soon-which he loves to play-so I really hope this doesn't affect him too badly. It would break his heart (and mine for that matter) if he couldn't play. Bubba starts practice on Mon. He ended up on the Yankees again this year and he couldn't be happier. We were able to get on the team of a dad from football so he has 3 or 4 kids from football on his team. I love baseball season-even though it means driving 2 kids to practice 3 nights a week at the same time. They are really fun to watch.

2 comments:

Delia said...

Poor JP. I hope he can play too. Peanut is so smart! Those color changer cars sound really cool.

The library is free so I say the more books the merrier...but yeah if you have to carry them. That can be a pain.

Janet said...

I love the long hair and curls--that's the "in" look anyway right? He's young enough I would leave it like that for as long as I could too.

I hope baseball season goes well for both boys. Congratulations for getting back on the Yankees.

We made your cashew chicken and broccoli stir fry last night--YUM!! Everyone loved it! Thank you for the recipe.