Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snow Much Fun

I know, corny title, but it had to be done. So we got snow on Sunday. The kids were so excited. The past few years we get more snow than the year before, but this year it's only snowed like this once or twice. The snow was perfect for a snowman. B was the first one outside and started rolling it up from the back of the yard to the front. This became our result-


Check out Jo Jo throwing a snowball at it.

They also made a snow fort versus a picnic table. That was an all out battle to see who could get who the most. This was Jo Jo's first time ever playing in the snow. I'm so mad. I bought him snow boots in the Spring that were the size he's wearing now, but I could NOT get them on to save my life. I was so so bummed. Luckily we had rubber boots from the other boys visiting the farm that were the right size. He was a little leary at first about walking in the snow, but once he figured it out, it was all good.



I opted to stay inside and occasionally venture out in the doorway to video tape and take pictures.

Cute things Jo Jo has been saying lately-

Yesterday while we were driving he said, "I fine it the big truck. Here it comes, here it comes." I realized I always say that when I need to distract him and say, "Here it comes," so he can see where it is. We were also at an intersection and there was a truck that looked like B's waiting to go through the light (it was all the way across the road) and he said the same thing except instead of that first line, he said, "I fine it daddy's truck."

The other day he had Peanut's popper gun (the one from Cabela's that makes the obnoxious popping sound) and he was pointing it and said, "I shoot the birds." That night he was playing with it and proceeded to tell me, "I shoot the dog," and then the letters (while pointing it at their intials on the wall), then the bear, and then the birds again. When did he become such a big boy. I guess he never had a chance to be a baby with 3 big brothers.

Last night I was reading a book all about trucks to him. It's in cartoon form and the dumptruck on the front has dirt in it. So he points to the dirt and says, "chocolate." I'm so proud.

My other favorite is, "I need you" every time he wants to be held. Usually he inserts mama or daddy after it. It melts my heart every time and needless to say, he gets picked up.

Last week, I was having a particularly hard day with him. He was doing so many naughty things-climbing on the table and throwing chip crumbs and cereal on the floor, refusing to nap, throwing toys at his brother's head, jumping on the couch onto his brother's stomach, pulling chairs over to the couch to climb over it and jump. Finally I'd had enough and I said, "You're a brat." His reply, "You brat mommy." Nice.

2 comments:

Janet said...

That is a pretty big snowman! Way to go! We have totally had the same issue with boots too--what is the deal! It is so frustrating.

I love the new fonts on your blog! How did you do that? I feel like I'm so behind on all of the cool technology things.

Anyway, I would love to get Jo Jo and Kenzie together. They seem to be doing a lot of the same things. I wonder how well they'd play together. She has started to repeat everything we say too, (which means we have to be really careful)! The other day she said, "Boo-yah!" It was pretty funny.

Delia said...

Sweet snowman! That chocolate dirt story is so funny. What a cute boy.