Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Co Co Jo Jo

Today is my baby's 2nd birthday! I don't really know where the last two years have gone. I know people always say that, but I'm serious. It makes me so sad-especially since he's my baby. B tried to tell me the other day that he's a toddler and not a baby anymore. I was very adamant that he IS still a baby. Even when he's 70 he'll be my baby. He finally gave in to me when I insisted and got annoyed. We celebrated last night with Mickey cake and homemade chocolate chip ice cream (which everyone was oohing and awing over by the way). Our neighbors came down, my sister and her husband came, and B's dad and step-mom made the drive up. He did an awesome job eating his cake. I gave him a cupcake to go at it and it was much better than the freak out fest from last year. I wasn't thinking when I made the frosting black-our tongues were all black.

First we opened presents


This is the cake


Digging in


First time he got down from the table


On his way to a mustache


Final product-awesome black mustache that looks like a REAL mustache

This year my baby has learned to talk A LOT. He learned to walk (at 16 mths. finally), climb lots of stuff and also act like his brothers. He honestly mimics everything they do and say. So it makes him turning 2 even harder because he didn't seem like a baby for very long.

Some of Jo Jo's favorite things-CHOCOLATE milk, and actually chocolate ANYTHING, big brothers, wrestling, jumping off stuff, watching cartoons (when they're actually on), playing kitchen with Peanut, playing with cars and trains, nat nats (fruit snacks), granola bars, bread, see-e-al (cereal), any toys that make noise, his stuffed bear and dog, mama (the best), and da-ee (daddy). We love our little boy with a big voice, his blue eyes, tons of curls, contagious giggle, and everything else about him-well his ear piercing scream not so much. He can say SO many words now. And actually a lot of the time he speaks in full sentences. I love when he comes up to me and reaches up and says, "I you"-meaning he wants me to hold him. The other day we were driving down the road and he said, "firetruck" plain as day exactly the way it should sound. I love to drive down the road with him saying, "I fye it the car," or "I fye it the truck" (find). One day while we were at the store, we walked by the chips and he said, "I wan chips right now." Another fun (but sometimes frustrating) thing is when he says, "I do yit." He really wants to try everything himself first and he almost never lets me help-even if he can't get it. He loves to eat applesauce at night by himself too. Last night I was telling B that he needed a b-a-t-h, and he said, "I wan baf." So I guess he can spell along with counting to 6-which he does every time he's going to jump off something, or any time he's counting toys. Tonight B's step-mom and I were coming home from the mall and my sister lives over there. As we were driving by Barnes and Noble (where she lives behind), he said, "eesha"-her name is Alicia. So in case you don't get it by now-he's very smart. In fact, the smartest 2 yr. old I've ever met. ;)
Some more fun words that maybe only we understand-
biders=diapers
buy-ees=jammies
o yit=open it
rickrish=licorice
boing whenever he's going to jump
And he also loves to ride his "bye" in the garage. In fact, sometimes I have to rip his hands off his little trike to get him in the house.
He is also fond of crawling on all fours and panting and saying "ruff." Can you tell I love my boy and that I'm so proud of him? Happy Birthday Crazy Coconut!!

2 comments:

Delia said...

Oh Happy Birthday sweet boy! What a cool cake.

Janet said...

Happy Birthday Jo Jo!! He sounds like an adorable little boy. I really look forward to the day when we get to meet in person! (someday!) :)