Thursday, February 11, 2010

So my sister-in-law did this and I thought it would be fun. I like reading other people's things like this and thought I'd share too.

4 shows I like to watch: (I'm kind of a tv-aholic at night after my kids go to bed, so I record lots of shows and watch them later)
1. Amazing Race
2. Biggest Loser
3. CSI (the original)
4. Lost

4 things I am passionate about:
1. My family
2. Reading
3. I like to bake, although I'm not sure if you could say passionate about it
4. Music

4 phrases I say a lot:
1. Really? (in a sarcastic sounding voice)
2. Knock it off/stop doing that (insert one of my kid's names here)
3. I love you
4. Get in bed

4 things I have learned, or am learning:
1. French
2. Patience with my kids (not very well, but trying)
3. Boys don't know how to pee in the actual toilet
4. Why God gave me all boys

4 places I would like to go;
1. Paris (actually I'd like to tour all of France)
2. Back to the UK
3. Hawaii
4. Australia

4 things I did yesterday:
1. laundry
2. Pilates
3. ate a Suzy Q for lunch (sorry Janet, I'm a junkfood junkie)
4. taped Lifesavers to 32 Valentines

4 things I am looking forward to:
1. Traveling with my husband
2. Losing those last 10 pounds
3. Learning how to decorate cakes
4. Growing my hair out again (what else is new? every time I cut it, I want to grow it back out)

4 things on my wish list:
1. My boys to all serve missions
2. New clothes (what girl doesn't always want new clothes?)
3. Travel with my husband-wait, did I already say that?
4. A million dollars, I mean world peace ;)

I'm not going to tag anyone. I just thought this would be fun. So if you want to do it, then do. If you think it's lame, well then you're lame. Not really, but I always say that kind of thing to my kids when they say something like that. That probably makes me a horrible mother, but whatever. I make up for it by writing reports about Abraham Lincoln-including printing off the Gettysburg Address in Lincoln's handwriting and putting it on card stock and coloring the border of a ginormous poster in colored pencil when your hand is cramping. Oh, and taping Lifesavers to 71 Valentine cards. Oh yeah, and staying up until midnight on a nightly basis with Chatty Kathy while he jumps on the couch and plays with all of his really loud toys that he doesn't play with during the day. And cleaning pee off the wall, floor, and outside of the toilet.

2 comments:

Delia said...

That was fun to read and will be fun to look back at I bet. You will have to forgive me but I have no idea what a Suzy Q is.

I have no doubt that your boys are so lucky to have you as their mom.

Janet said...

Yeah! Thank you for posting this. It was so much fun to read. No worries, I eat junk food too, (that's the taking care of the emotional part of my life ;) ). I am impressed with all of the valentines! Kelly is in middle school, so this year, we just have Kevin's class-it's kind of weird. Then, school was cancelled today-no valentines party! I'm sure they'll make it up later. Anyway Thanks again for this great post!