Monday, February 8, 2010



So it's 1 pm. Just about time for Jo Jo's nap. Peanut was having a "bread" for lunch. I know, very filling. Anyway, Jo Jo comes running over to me shouting something like, "be-fast." I thought he was saying "breakfast," but wasn't sure so I had him take me to the pantry to show me. He kept pointing to the bread and saying, "be-fast." I asked if he wanted bread and he said, "bread," but then said the other word again. So normally he asks for bread by using the actual word, but for some reason today he was calling it breakfast. Thought that was cute. In the pictures you can see his new Spongebob pajama pants. We found them at Target on clearance for $1 since they are Christmas pants, but whatever, they're warm and they were $1. He is also wearing one of Peanut's undershirts that is a little big for him. And I'm sure you're asking yourself, "Why is he still in his pajamas at 1 pm?" My answer-because we're not going anywhere today so who cares. At this moment, he is proceeding to take everything that is on the baking shelf in the pantry off, and putting it on the kitchen counter. Good times.

On Friday afternoon I decided to paint my toenails while the kids were playing downstairs. Jo Jo generally realizes I'm not in the room pretty quickly and walks through the house yelling, "Mama, mama." I let him know I was in my bathroom and he came in to watch. You know where this is going, don't you? So he stuck his foot out at me and said, "my foot." So I thought, what the heck I'll see if he lets me. Well, he sat perfectly still and wanted me to do both feet. Every time I see his feet now I smile. When we came downstairs later Bubba loudly said, "What did you do that for mom?" Because he asked me to. Simple as that. I showed B later and he laughed and said he didn't blame me because my little shadow wants to do what I do and I won't get to do it with a little girl. Plus, he's such a boy boy, that it's not going to scar him. Here he is showing me his toes very proudly.



And finally, this was taken yesterday while he was emptying his toy bin out in the living room. I guess he needed a place to sit.

2 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Cute toes!;) I think it's funny how Bubba reacted.

Janet said...

I love the pj's. You can't beat a deal like that. If we're not going anywhere, (especially if it's cold) Kenzie and Kate will stay in their pj's all day, night and then well into the next day--because who cares? They're warm and comfortable and that's all that matters.

Kevin used to want his nails painted too, I mean, come on, all of his sister's are getting theirs painted. I think there is no harm in that and yes, it makes me smile too.

Also, I love your new headline picture. You gotta love the beach!