Thursday, October 1, 2009

Blah, Nothing Exciting



Not much news or anything exciting lately, so nothing to blog about. We had another win at our football game last Sat. That makes 4-0. Here are a couple of picts. of Bubba. I think I mentioned before that he's #76. In the huddle photo, he's the one with the long sleeve blue under armor. It was at 8:30 in the morning and quite chilly, though the day turned out really nice. He's playing both offense and defense now and having a great time, which is the most important thing in my book.
The two older boys have been home this week for Fall break, which is really annoying since they just barely started school. So they've been pretty bored. Yesterday and today got really cool. I think fall might actually be here. Hooray! I love seasons. I love going to the pumpkin patch to pick our pumpkins.
Peanut had a field trip to the fire station yesterday, which meant I had 4 kids at the fire station, which at first JP thought was a baby thing and didn't want to go, but he got over it. They have one of the firemen put all of gear on, including mask and breathing apparatus, so the kids won't be scared if they're ever in a fire and see one of them. Peanut had fun. The video they showed was from around 1988 or so. We used to have a commercial in CA with the beginning part and annoying song on it.
Peanut told me two funny things today. I hope you don't get grossed out by the 2nd, but if you have kids, I'm sure you're used to things like that. Anyway, first we had to go to Sam's club and he didn't want to, and was complaining that we would be there for "900"-not minutes or hours or days, but just the number 900. Later, I was helping him wipe his bum after going potty, and he told me that his poop looked like a tail. It's also looked like a snake before and I can't remember what else he's told me in the past. It cracks me up that he looks at it to see what it might resemble.
Jo Jo is talking more everyday. He said a mouthful last night of things we didn't understand and in the middle of it he said "o'er dere." Then he did the same about Peanut's fish night lite inserting "fish" plain as day in the middle of it. Pretty cute.
As for me, I started writing a story a week or so ago. I would love if it turned into a book, but I don't know if I'll have that much to say. I've only worked on it a couple of times and just started chapter 3. Maybe I'll post my first chapter and you can tell me if you'd read it. I don't know, though, about opening myself up like that. B says it's good, but he's my husband so he doesn't count. Anyway, that's it for now. I'll keep you posted on game 5 this Sat. It would be super awesome if the boys ended up undefeated, but we still have some good teams to play against.

2 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

I am so excited for you to write a book! I would love to read the first chapter. Cute stories about your boys. Owen likes to look at his poop too and I still have to help him wipe. How long until he can do it properly on his own? Either he does it and gets itchy bum, or I do it so he doesn't. Wow...that probably grossed out a bunch of people without potty trained/training kids.

Janet said...

Way to go Bubba on all of your wins--that's great!

I would love to read your first chapter if not the whole thing! I think it's awesome that you are writing it!