Friday, October 9, 2009

Cute Boys


This outfit just looked too cute on him with the stripes and Chuck Taylors. The shirt was on clearance at Target for $2.80. I couldn't pass that up.


Last Friday, our awesome friend threw her annual Fall party. This year at the park since there are too many kids for her backyard anymore. She always has hot dogs and nachos, apple cider and hot cocoa. After lunch we decorate cookies, and then play pin the nose on the pumpkin. Peanut didn't participate in anything, insisting instead on playing on the playground all afternoon. Then when we were leaving he started crying that he didn't get a cookie. Luckily, I had one left.


This is the 2nd time that Jo Jo has gotten into my lipsticks. I have a stool that I use to sit at a make-up counter built into our bathroom counter. My make-up is all in a plastic 3 drawer thingy. Unfortunately, he has figured out that he can slide the stool out and stand on it to reach everything. He's gotten into vaseline, licked deodorant, unscrewed mascara, and his personal favorite, digging his finger into my lipstick on wiping it on his cheek. Needless to say, it's not round at the tip anymore.


At the Fall party with our buddy Conner that we've known since he was born. He's right in between the boys in age. They used to live in our old neighborhood and moved about 4 years ago to Utah. We miss them and love when they come up to visit. The big boys enjoyed throwing the football with Conner's dad at the party. Oh, JP was one of the winners of pin the nose on the pumpkin. He was pretty proud of himself.

I got my hair cut and colored yesterday at the beauty school with the girl my sister goes to (who happens to be a friend of hers). NEVER again! The color turned out pretty, but there is still dye on my forehead. She washed me hair, then dried it, then colored it, then washed it again. Then she decided to talk me out of cutting it shorter because she thought it would be just as high maintenance as my long hair because I would still have to straighten it. The point I was trying to make was that it takes me 20 min. to dry my hair because it's so thick. I just don't have that kind of time everyday, not to mention the time to straighten it. It would take like 5 minutes if it was short, even if I have to straighten it. Anyway, she kept telling me whatever I wanted to do, though. Well, I wasn't about to have her cut it short if she didn't feel confident (which it sounded like she didn't), so I opted for her to fix my layers and trim it. Well, she more than trimmed it, made my shortest layer way too short, and made it look really choppy. It's AWFUL! I came home so depressed. I wore a hat to football. Not to mention the fact that she took 4 HOURS! Hello, I don't have any where near that kind of time. My poor neighbor had my kids for like 4 1/2 hours. I felt sooo bad. I'm baking her a pumpkin shaped cake right now to say thanks. Hopefully, sugar will make up for it. So now, I have to try to find someone who knows what they're doing to cut it short to get rid of all the choppy layers. I'm sure it will cost me another $20 or so. Great! Yesterday totally sucked! At least Jim and Pam finally got married!

2 comments:

Janet said...

I am so sorry about your hair! I hate it when that happens. I really hope you can get it how you want it. Jo Jo and the lipstick made me think of Kate. She is the number one destroyer of all things make-up. I lost count on the lipsticks. I think for a while I just stopped buying them because no matter where I hid them she would find it. Then with the lid on she'd twist it up so that it sticks to the lid and breaks. So frustrating!

I love the idea of an annual fall party! I can't wait to get our own place so that we can do things like that. I think it would be so much fun!

Jared and Delia said...

I am so sorry about your hair! I hope you can get it fixed. I had my friend do my hair in high school. I let her color it and lets just say that also four hours later I went home crying.

That party sounds fun! Jo Jo is SO busy. It sounds like he has tasted everything! Blech!