Thursday, October 29, 2009

Crazy Hair Day




Today is crazy hair day at school. And the color for drug free week is red, hence the red hair. A lot of kids were wearing wigs when I dropped them off. You should've see the girls. They had hair like the little girl in "The Grinch." The kid who wears the most red from each class everyday gets to go to the office and get a treat. Also, the class with the most red. JP isn't feeling the red shirts this week, although he did wear a pair of my Christmas socks on crazy sock day. Bubba opted for red hair, red t-shirt, sweatshirt, and sweats. He also wore a pair of my Christmas socks the other day. He's hoping to win today. I can't believe JP wanted me to do his hair today. He has NEVER participated in crazy hair day. Maybe he's finally coming out of his shell a little bit. Yay for him!

It was 27 degrees when I took them to school this morning, and I tried to convince Bubba to wear more than a t-shirt and super thin sweatshirt to no avail. He'll figure it out at recess when he's freezing his bum off.

2 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

I think JP's hair rocks! It is so unique too. I love it when schools do cool things like this.

I too let Owen go to preschool in shorts and no jacket. He insisted and I didn't want to fight him over it. I thought the cold air would do enough teaching. He didn't CARE! WHat? I had to just not care too {or try - which was hard!} and today he opted for pants and jacket on his own. Phew! I almost thought the "lesson" was going to backfire. Crazy boys!

Janet said...

Very cool crazy hair! We had spirit week last week and I totally missed getting any pictures taken from it. I was kind of bummed about that, but oh well-too late now! :) It took Kelly and Kevin a little while to figure out that it was really cold outside even though the sun was shining. They would come upstairs in shorts and t-shirts. Thankfully they would opt for long pants-but it took a few cold days to figure out the need for a big jacket.