Monday, September 21, 2009

Our Weekend


Not the most flattering picture of myself. Especially considering the fact that it's close up and I have the most ginormous zit on my chin. But Bubba was learning how to use a camera to pass off some scout electives-even though he already knew how to use a camera.

So I forgot pre-school on Friday and felt like the biggest moron and worst mom ever. I guess I'm not used to 3 days a week, or even pre-school in general. I also forgot a primary class party for Bubba the day before that he really had wanted to go to. At least I haven't forgotten football practice so the coach doesn't yell at me again. He yelled at me one night for being late and not calling him. I didn't have my cell phone and even if I did, I didn't have his number "plugged" in to it. I seriously almost started crying. Anyway, we had a fun game on Sat. and of course won again. That's 3-0 for any of you keeping track. We were worried because their kids were so much bigger than ours, but B said, "You can either be big or fast, and our team is fast." They only scored 1 touchdown to our 3. My sis and BIL spent the night Fri. so they could come with us since it was at the butt crack of dawn at 8:30 am. We got to go on a date and while we were gone, she taught Jo Jo "pound it" where you stick out your fist and the other person pounds it with theirs. Too cute. We were 15 minutes late to the game and it was almost half time. I was so sad we had already missed 2 touchdowns, but considering the fact that Jo Jo sometimes sleeps in past 9am and I had to wake him up, I think we did pretty good. I also had to wake Peanut. When we don't have to go anywhere and mom wants to sleep in, they wake up early, but when we need to be somewhere early, they pick that day to sleep late.

By the way, did you know that sugar-like cookies and chocolate make everything better? We've gotten in the bad habit of letting Jo Jo have a treat when he freaks out. But he's gotten into throwing tantrums lately and we try everything else-drink, snack, holding him, bop, etc. The only thing that works is a sweet treat. Works like a charm every time-instant silence and happiness:)




Some handsome boys ready for church. Jo Jo saw me take a picture of the other boys and really wanted his picture. He stood completely still and looked up at me, however, he wouldn't smile.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Congratulations on your game Bubba! Way to go! I can't believe how tall JP is getting! I love that you take pictures of them in their "dude clothes," as Kevin used to call them when he was little. Sunday mornings are usually too crazy to get a picture in and after church no one can wait to get home and change into something else.

Jared and Delia said...

What handsome boys!

Isn't it nuts how they sleep in when you don't want them to but every other day that you have nothing going on they are up at the crack of dawn. I can totally relate to that. I am so sorry that coach made you feel that bad about being late.

I think you look pretty in that picture. :)