Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Darth Vader Plays Baseball?




Yesterday it was beautiful out. It was perfect-about 70 degrees or so. We ran a gazillion errands all day so when we finally got home after school, we played outside for a couple of hours. Bubba and JP even did homework out there. Peanut was being so funny. He was getting all of the different aluminum bats out (I think we have 3) and telling me that one was a 3 yard, one a 5 yd. and he needed Bubba's big one because it was an 8 yd. I have no idea what any of that means, but he had the funniest face when he was seriously trying to convince me to let him play with the biggest one, which I did because it really didn't matter. So we have a helmet for when the boys practice at the park, and Bubba used it last season so it would fit him better than the ones they had. Peanut got it out and was wearing it and when he put it down, Mr. Copies Everyone had to put it on. First he had it on the right way, then he kept putting it on backwards. I couldn't stop laughing. It reminded me of that movie "Spaceballs." You know the character Rick Moranis played who was supposed to be a parody of Darth Vader and his helmet was like 30 sizes too big? That's what Jo Jo reminded me of. Then when it was on forward, I thought of a bobble head. All in all, a nice day outside and I even got to read a lot of my book.

Yesterday I got 20 cans of Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup for food storage for $10 at Albertsons. So they were sitting on the floor in our food cupboard under the stairs. It's a favorite past time of Jo Jo's to play with the cans in there. B heard him making noise and turned around and he was sitting on the floor building a fort of cans around himself. When I brought the camera over, he decided to stand up and start taking it down. He won't smile at the camera anymore for me. I'm starting to think he doesn't like the camera anymore:(

1 comment:

Jared and Delia said...

I loved that movie in high school!

That fort is so adorable. What a smartie pants!