Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday JP Dear...




So his actual 7th birthday is tomorrow, but since Chuck E. Cheese is way crowded on Fridays and Saturdays with rude and obnoxious people, we decided to go last night. He was allowed to invite 2 friends (since it's not exactly cheap), and I was able to use four different coupons. Yay for coupons! We started with tokens until pizza came. Then we took a break to have pizza. After that we finished games-some quicker than others. JP and his little friend Spencer used all of their's first. His other friend Taige is honestly the sweetest and most quiet boy I've ever met. he still had 12 of his 20 left and decided to split them up between them. I told him he didn't have to do that, but he smiled and said it was okay. There may have been some coaxing on the part of the other two, but I can't be sure. I was helping Peanut and Jo Jo. Peanut mostly wanted to ride cars, but he did some fun little kid games to earn some tickets. B and Bubba were playing a hunting game the entire time. Bubba almost used all of his on that alone and B used all of his. It got a little old trying to help Peanut do stuff and chase Jo Jo around. I lost him a couple of times, but it's a small place and they don't let your child leave unless their stamped number matches yours. It's not like I lost him lost him, he would just be around the corner or climbing in another car. Anyway, I finally made B have a turn so I could play skeeball a couple of times. Then we went and opened presents and ate cake. He chose Harry Potter this year as the theme. Don't make fun of my cake picture. It didn't exactly turn out as I'd envisioned. The burgundy icing ended up more of a purple color. When I was first icing the yellow on, Peanut came over to let me know it looked like cheese. Oh well. His friend Spencer said, "Is it your 71st birthday?" I let him know that it was actually an exclamtion point after the 7 and not a 1. They got a cool goody bag with glasses, bookmark, some candy, sticers, and backpack clip. They also got a little plastic wand that lit up, and I bought the 3 of them a plastic cup for their drink that they could re-use. Bubba and Peanut were a little miffed that they didn't get "prizes." All in all, I would say it was a success-well, except for the hideous cake. JP was happy, though, he didn't even notice. He thought it was a cool cake. B says I have mastered the buttercream frosting. I think he's glad we have leftovers. After we got home, he got to open our presents. We gave him 2 small ones to unwrap first-a bag of plastic golf balls, and BB gun glasses. He was like, "Oh yay," but I think he was confused. Then we brought in the golf clubs (from Play it Again) and a BB gun. Bubba got his BB gun for his 7th birthday, so we figured it was only fair for him to get his own.

3 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Happy Birthday. That sounds like a perfect 7 year old birthday. He is growing up SO fast. It feels like just last year that we were all visiting around Amy's table talking about how he was 3/4 years old and sad not to be the baby anymore.

Sorry I have been lame about sending cards lately. We didn't get one out to him. But we will call him tomorrow!

Janet said...

Happy, Happy Birthday JP! What a great (and smart) idea for celebrating! We all hope his birthday went well!

Lonni said...

I think his beeday looked like a blast. Of course, you are much braver than I... I "lovingly" refer to Chuck E. Cheeses as "Up Chuck" Cheeses. So just know in my book you rock as a mom.
Hey... Monday's my day!!!!!