Monday, July 6, 2009

4 Boy Dogpile and 4th of July


As you can see from the photo, on Sat. afternoon somehow all four boys ended up in a massive dogpile on the living room floor. I didn't even know what was going on with all the giggling until B called me in to take a picture. Notice even Jo Jo was part of the fun. Afterwards, we did a special treat and went and saw "Ice Age 3." It was really a funny movie. The boys were laughing the whole time.

That night we had my sister and her husband over for a BBQ. They left after to watch the fireworks downtown, but we went out front to do some of our own. Something possessed my husband to allow the two older boys to light their own this year. I was really freaked out at first, but they were actually really careful and aware of the danger, especially JP. So here's a picture I got of him lighting. They had a blast. They did almost all of their own. Thanks to Amy my SIL for leaving several bottle rockets from some years back that we still had in the garage. We have done our own fireworks in 3 years. B took the boys camping last year, and the year before my mom was here and I was on house arrest sick and pregnant with Jo Jo and they all went to the baseball game and watched fireworks there without me. They also went to a movie that day without me. They were really rude. Anyway, we had a great time this year and I got an awesome picture of the full moon, which I've never done before.




Lastly, yesterday, B was getting the boys in bed and Peanut's pull-up tote was empty and Jo Jo crawled in it. As you can see, it's very small, so I'm not sure how he accomplished this feat, but of course I had to get a photo of it. The last picture was a silly face he made when I told him to look at me and smile. It's Jo Jo all the way. He also now knows where his eyes, nose and ears are. He said "no" once yesterday when I locked him out of Peanut's closet for pulling all of his clothes off the hangers. I'm hoping he doesn't remember that one. We finally got a lock on our computer drawer last night and he went right over after he saw me putting everything back in the drawer to pull it out. He was a little mad and I said, "Ha Ha!" How will I survive these toddler years? Speaking of surviving-Bubba is seriously a 14 yr. old trapped in a 9 yr. old's body. Oh what I have to look forward too. He let us know yesterday, though, that he had passed off most of the Articles of Faith which we never even knew he was working on. He passed off 2 more yesterday and only has 13 left, which he memorized already today. We are so proud of this sweet spiritual boy!

1 comment:

Jared and Delia said...

What fun pictures! We saw Dawn of the Dinosaurs and it was really funny!

Jo Jo is so adorable in that little box. That is quite the feat.
We are so proud of Bubba and his memorization. That is really awesome of him.