Thursday, August 6, 2009


We watched "Mary Poppins" with the kids the other night. They'd never seen it before, and I remember loving it as a kid. They really like musicals, so I thought it would be fun. We're not allowed to eat on our carpet (a lesson we learned after destroying the carpet in our old house), but B made a big bowl of popcorn and we put out a blanket and had it on the carpet as a special treat. By the way, they demolished the popcorn in about 5 minutes. They liked the movie-especially the laughing on the ceiling part.

I've been waking up with back pain, neck pain, and migraines all week. It's really special. Especially when you take two different kinds of drugs during the day and it doesn't go away. I couldn't even move the other day. Yesterday, I couldn't turn my head at all. I guess I'll just have to go get a massage (oh darn). I think they have like a 1 hr. one here for like $30, so I figure it will be money well spent.

I'm definitely looking forward to school starting again. The fighting is getting old. The 2 older boys go at it daily. After Bubba got out of the shower last night, I noticed a bruise on his chest on one side and scratch marks on the other side. JP always plays the victim, but usually he's the one to either start it, or do the most damage. I need to start interviewing them separately about the crime like they do on tv when a crime happens. Maybe I'll get the story straight if they're not standing there contradicting each other.

We've been having a thunderstorm since the middle of the night. It's totally awesome. I love summer storms. It's so nice and cool out and the sound of the thunder is cool too. It's a nice break from the Arizona weather we've been having the last few weeks. I've only left the house a few times during the day. It's too hot to go anywhere. Walking to the pool the other day I thought we would all melt. I remember why I never want to move back to AZ. Ack!

2 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

We do that too...lay down a blanket to eat on if we aren't at the table.

That thunderstorm must be blowing our way because it is starting to storm here as I write this. I love summer rain too!

I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I hope that massage helps!

paige said...

I love Marry Poppins too its a classic! happy late birthday to JP hope he had a great day! I hope you get feeling better- enjoy the massage!