Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What!?

JP just had another moment of not hearing what I said correctly. I honestly think he has hearing problems in his left ear. In the meantime, it's fun to listen to his misinterpretations. Here's the conversation-
Me-I have to call Meme (my mom) about the ham. (In regards to what I was doing for dinner).
Bubba-Why?
Me-Because she knows everything.
JP-What? We're going camping?

This is honestly a real conversation we had not 30 minutes ago. I try not to laugh in front of him. I just repeat myself and look at him while I'm saying it so he can hear it correctly.

3 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

What? That is so funny. He really must be deaf in one ear. That is so silly.

Pooka said...

That is way funny!! crazy kids!

Lonni said...

We went through that same thing with Greer. The school district (but I think we have to be in school not summer) has an audiologist and they will test his hearing for you. Also, if it persists, the best childrens ear doc in town is Jill Beck. But she takes a while to get into. Let me know if you have any questions. It could be as simple as a build-up of wax in his ears. But I'd watch him carefully. They will ask you if he has allergies, how he sleeps (does he wake up, does he move around a lot, does he sleep with his mouth open etc). They gave me all kinds of things to do and look for before we resorted to tubes in her ears.