Tuesday, July 21, 2009

E-I-E-I-O it's Off to the Farm They Go


He found this mask by himself and put it on. Even now when he looks at it, he growls. Pretty much everything makes that noise.


Swinging at the park like a big boy.


Peanut's grand masterpiece. He goes in his room sometimes and we don't hear from him for hours. This is what he's doing. We think he'll be an engineer.

I haven't really had much to write about lately. B's mom was here last week. She was a great babysitter. We took Bubba and JP to see "Harry Potter" on opening night on Wed. AWESOME movie by the way!! She watched the little boys for us. The next morning I had to take Peanut to the dentist. He had 4 cavities at his cleaning the week before, so he was getting 2 fillings, and she watched the other boys for me. He was so brave! The assistant asked if she could put the clown nose on him (the gas mask) and he really wasn't sure about it. He shook his head for about 5 minutes without saying anything, but was pretty involved in the tv, so I told her just to put it on him and see what he did. He didn't even flinch. The gas never made him silly or even smile. He only said one word the entire time. They asked him if he was still tingly or just regular before they would start the filling and he said, "Regawar." I think it really helps that our dentist is our neighbor/home teacher and has a boy Peanut's age that he plays with. He'll have to get the other 2 done in the next couple of weeks. Then, on Friday night, B and I went on a date. So we really took advantage of grandma.

Sat. we drove the boys down to Papa's farm for the week. Yippee!! They love working and playing on the farm and look forward to it each summer. Although, Bubba nearly had a heart attack because we couldn't drive dad's truck so they could take the 4 wheeler and motorcycle this year. He got busted for the 'tude he was having with both mom and dad. So it's just me and Jo Jo this week. I thought, "Yay, I can catch up on my recorded shows this week and watch movies and do nothing." Not so much. He's been crabby and clingy and won't even let me leave his sight. I guess his world got turned upside down without having brother's to entertain him. Plus, he wakes up too early for my taste. So I've run a few errands- getting school supplies, groceries, attempt at laundry. I guess I'll try to clean the sty that is the big boy's room and do laundry and (major gag) ironing. I seriously hate ironing more than cleaning toilets. In fact, I'd rather give birth than iron. But it's really piled up and my mom isn't here to do it for me. I'm not sure what my ironing issue is. Maybe I had a traumatic ironing experience when I was a child that I've suppressed until now.

Speaking of clingy Jo Jo, he's sitting on my lap right now, banging his drink cup around, pushing on the screen, and pulling pens out, so I think that's my cue to finish.

1 comment:

Jared and Delia said...

Sorry your break isn't so relaxing.

Peanut is a busy builder. What a smart boy. It sounds like he was so brave at the dentist too.

That is so FUN that you got to see Harry Potter with your boys. I can't wait to do fun stuff like that when my kids get older.

Wish I lived closer to you. I don't mind ironing but I loathe putting the laundry away. We could switch or something. ;)