Monday, July 13, 2009

HUGE Milestone!!!




Yay! Baby Jo Jo went to nursery for the first time yesterday! They let him in a couple of weeks early. One of the leaders has a boy a month older than him, so she doesn't mind. I took him in and stayed a few minutes to see if he was okay. A few minutes later he handed me his bop and went to play with cars so I snuck out. He did really well(even though he saw B check on him once) until almost the end. With about 5 minutes left in RS, I heard a very loud, "MOM!" Yay, he said my name! I guess the other leader had gone to the library and when she came back she accidentally knocked him down because he was in front of the door. So then he and another boy took turns making each other cry. So sad. But I'm so proud of him for doing so well on his first try! Yay! Our last baby in nursery. They really do grow up way too fast.
In other news he's saying a little more
-dat-"that"
-awn for drink had turned into "non"
-Yesterday I had just gotten him out of the shower with B and he heard his brothers and I asked him if he heard brothers and he said, "duh ers."
-He loves doing ring around the rosy at FHE and so every so often he'll say "ahses" (sorry that sounds a little like a swear word ;)
-He also loves to do "love ya," which is a tradition before bed that we stole from B's family. You all put your hands together in the center and as you bounce them up and down, you say, "1, 2, 3" and then yell "love ya" as you let go. So he says, "uh uh."
-He is also jabbering a lot and knows himself what's he saying, but I'm sure it will eventually make sense to us too.
-For awhile he's been saying "ba" for ball. I can't remember if I've mentioned that one before.
-He also says "uh uh" and shakes his head no.. He always uses it in context too.

Oh how I love my sweet baby no no. I mean Jo Jo.

Oh I forgot to mention his latest antics from Sat. night. The boys decided to have a movie party with their friends who live behind us. So B and I decided to play Mario Kart with Peanut. So I heard him in the dining room cabinets. Usually he just takes out the plastic bowl and tin candy cups that are in there. Well, he comes walking in the kitchen and throws our Santa cookie plate on the floor and shatters it. He got so busted for that one. I went and sat him down on the couch and said, "NO!" very firmly so he would get the idea. Boy did I hurt his feelings. There were mostly big pieces, but I had to get the vaccum out for the small, invisible pieces. Oh, how he DAILY tries mama's patience!

2 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Yay Jo Jo!I can't believe he is already so grown. What a handsome boy! Those pictures are so sweet.

Janet said...

I am so happy for you! That is one of the best days, when your kids enjoy nursery! I have looked forward to it with all of our kids. Kate had a hard time and I ended up getting called to nursery for a little while...but it wasn't too bad.

I can't get over his blonde hair! I kind of like that about summer time.