Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Misadventures of Crazy Coconut and Fun Weekend Stuff

Yesterday we went to the waterpark. It was a lot of fun. The perfect day. It got up to 100. Even big daddy took a half day to join us so the big kids could go on rides. We were there for 7 hours! Jo Jo discovered how fun it was to hang on the railing by the kiddie pool until he bit the dust and cracked his head on the cement. There wasn't any blood, but you would've thought so by how hard his head bounced. I was with the older boys on rides when it happened so it's totally dad's fault. Not really-I was letting him do it earlier in the day, I was just fortunate enough to not have it happen on my watch. They actually had the nerve to ask me if we could go to the pool today. Thank heavens for my wonderful sister who recently lost her job and so has nothing better to do than save me by taking my brats, I mean kids to the pool.

This is a fun new kid slide in the kiddie pool. When he finally got the courage up, he kept going on it.

Can you see why I married this gorgeous man? He had Jo Jo in his lap and baby had a spoon and was feeding himself daddy's ice cream cone.

Having yummy swirl cones:)

Before...

After...

I seriously need to go get those drawer latches. I'm going to scream if I have to pick up all of the contents of my bathroom drawer or the pencil drawer downstairs again. Sunday he got into the pencil drawer, which also contains stamps and other office type supplies. Well, in the stamp/mail tray I also have a stamp with our address and a black ink pad. Not such a good idea. We were watching tv as a family and wondering why it suddenly got so quiet. Um yeah, he had black ink all over his hands and church clothes. He was a little concerned about the ink on his hands, which of course was nearly impossible to get off. Last week he got in the garage. JP left the door open a crack and he got out without anyone knowing. My sister was here and I had just come downstairs when we heard him crying. I ran upstairs searching and she said it sounded like he was in the garage. When she opened the door I heard her yell, "Oh my gosh!" So I ran downstairs and discovered he was in the garage with the ladder on top of him! Luckily, the open part fell over his head, but it scraped down his back, which I didn't even know until I put his jammies on that night. B commented that we got insurance just in time. It's also really great that he can get up to the computer table and click the mouse and turn the computer off. As a matter of fact, while I was at enrichment tonight, he got up to the computer and quit the edit of this post and lost the pictures I had finally downloaded. It had only taken me like 6 tries to get them to download. They were playing Wii and he was playing in the room with them, when they suddenly realized he was gone and it was quiet. When B turned around he was on the computer typing and clicking away. So helpful. Here's a picture of him climbing on the ledge in the tub. I told you he was a daredevil. You can also see the scrape from the ladder. Please don't call CPS on us; I swear he's just crazy and accident prone.


On Saturday we went shooting in the morning. Yes, don't be shocked, but I like to shoot stuff. Actually, I like to do lots of "boy" stuff. Although, camping isn't necessarily my cup of tea. I wish I had gotten pictures. JP and Bubba had the two BB guns out shooting cans. Peanut got to shoot the little bow at our target. B brought his shotgun and hand gun. He had Bubba pulling the trap shooting thingy and shot at some clay pigeons, which didn't go well at first because he was so out of practice, but eventually he actually hit several of them. Then it was my turn to shoot at cans with the hand gun. And finally I got to shoot the shotgun at clay pigeons. I tried one in the air and then realized that was hopeless so I shot at them while they were leaning on bushes. I actually did awesome if I do say so myself. It was great fun, although the next day I noticed a small bruise on my shoulder/armpit area from where I had been holding the shotgun. After that, we went home to get a few things and then we went to a small mining town about 45 minutes from here. They were having a quick draw gunfighting competition that was supposed to last until 5pm, but they finished early so we missed it:( But they also had a rodeo (which we didn't go to) and a flea market. We walked thru the flea market where Bubba discovered a coin collector. He recently decided to collect money after he saw my huge collection. He found an old one dollar bill, an Australian bill, Australian coin, 2 Philippines coins, and a Russia coin. We also had lunch at our favorite place there called Calamity Jaynes. It's super small and quaint. What you might call a whole in the wall, but they have great burgers. Then we went next door to the ice cream shop. Nothing beats small ice cream shop ice cream. Peanut got a nose bleed twice at the flea market. Both times, someone else told us. Apparently he didn't know he had one. He told me he didn't feel it. It was really hot and dry and unfortunately he and JP both got my affinity to nose bleeds. Overall, a very fun day.

A few cute photos of Peanut's OCD. He was playing this bug game(more like learning cards) the other day and had to do all the blue bugs, so he decided that they should alternate. He would put one's head this way and then the next the other and so on. So I couldn't resist having another picture of his OCD.

2 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Jo Jo is really a monkey! WOw...what a busy boy. He earned your blog title all by himself!

WHat a fun family outing.

Peanut's OCD cracks me up. He is really meticulous about it. Those bugs are almost centered in each square too. Cute boy.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a fun blog to read, and I love the photos!

Sorry I have to sign in as anonymous. I've tried every password I ever used in my life, and can't figure out which one I used. Love you!!! A