Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm Paying for My Doctor's Porsche This Week

My mommy got here Thurs. evening. Butch and I got to go to the Anniversary Inn Friday night. We stayed in the Treasure Island room. We decided we'll just stay at regular hotels from now on. It's too expensive and not really that exciting after you've been there a few times. But it was nice. The bed was comfy. We went and saw "Angels and Demons." Not impressed. I read the book several years back, but thought, "Hey I should read it before I see it." Well, I didn't finish it, but really wanted to see it. I couldn't get past the beginning that they totally changed, so I really didn't enjoy the rest that much. Note to self, don't read the book BEFORE seeing the movie. Although, "Twilight" was really close to the book. Anyway, they changed the ending of "Angels and Demons" and several names. They changed the chick's dad to just her partner. They made the camerlengo and chief cardinal NOT Italian like they were in the book. What the crap? At the end in the credits, it says, "Based on the novel by Dan Brown." I told B it should say, "Loosely" before it.

Anywho, then we went to eat at a shi-shi restaurant that B likes,but I had never eaten at where they charge you extra for all the sides and the steaks are like a jillion dollars. I didn't really think it was worth the money, but it was still good. The next morning we went to another movie before heading home. We had our end of season pool party for Bubba's baseball team. It was fun. They got to swim for about 2 hours and then we had a freak major rain storm.

Jo Jo's bum had been really raw for a few days, not like normal diaper rash, so I called the doctor Mon. and got him in. He ended up having rectal strep. Never knew there was such a thing. I don't think I mentioned my visit to Urgent Care last week. I was having stabbing chest pain and couldn't breathe very well. They ran an EKG and did a chest x-ray, but couldn't find anything. They gave me a strep test, which gags you, but also an infulenza A test. If they ever tell you that you need this. Tell them to go to H!@@. They stick to long swab things up your sinus cavity and hold it there for 30 seconds. I was bawling. It felt like they were pulling my brain out thru my nose. Anyway, they said my chest wall was inflamed and that's what the pain was. So she gave me pain killers. They worked really well, and by the next day it wasn't as bad. Fri. they called to tell me the strep test was positive. So I've been on anti-biotics. Anyway, I didn't give it to Jo Jo. The doctor said we all have strep in our system and sometimes it just manifests itself. He's one of the only doctors in town who even knows what it is to diagnose it. So he's on an anti-biotic cream. Poor punkin. So then last night JP was saying his ear hurt really bad. He was almost in tears. I gave him Motrin and called the doctor today. Sure enough, he has the start of an ear infection, so he's going to be on anti-biotics too.

The big boys have also been in a speed camp this week. They are learning proper running skills that we think will benefit them in future baseball seasons. Bubba will also be starting football in August, which will involve a lot of running.

I really miss my hubby this week. He's been getting up at the equivalent of 3 am where we live to get to the bus on time for his training classes that last all day. I have decided that putting the kids to bed really sucks. It's usually his job. The older they get, the more they stall, run around, etc. They're not very good listeners. Oh, we went and saw "Monsters and Aliens" at the cheap theater yesterday. My mom also wants to take us to see "Up." Thanks to her being here to keep me from going insane and leaving my kids. She also did a lot of laundry for me. Thanks mommy!

2 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Oh man. I am so sorry that you have all been sick.

I am so glad your mom can be there to help. That is so nice.

Joy said...

Wow, what a hard week. Sick kids are never fun, especially when you are sick yourself. Too bad about Angels and Demons. I was looking forward to seeing it, but I hate it when they deviate from the book so much.