Thursday, June 18, 2009

The End is in Sight

Yay! My sweet honey comes home tomorrow night. My mom is going to watch the kids so we can do something because we're not sure how long it will be before we can again. He's coming in late, so maybe we'll just get dessert or something. I'm so excited. We've never been apart for this long in our entire 11 yrs. of marriage and it's been killing us. My SIL is my new hero for doing exactly this for so many years. I don't know how she survives.
We went to the pool today. It was finally nice enough and they finally re-opened it after a broken pump. I put sunscreen on twice, but apparently I missed my left arm and the front of my left leg somehow because I am completely fried in those spots. I haven't been this burnt in years. It's so bad I have to keep a cold wash cloth on it. It really helps when Jo Jo thinks he needs to climb all over me while I'm sitting on the couch. I have to keep getting up and playing musical couch. But at least the kids haven't been fighting today. I hope they get into a groove so they aren't "bored" or fighting all summer. I'm plannig on banishing them to the outside to be creative and use their imaginations because kids get bored way too easily nowadays.

Here's a picture of Jo Jo's head from the other day. I know it looks small, but it was an open circle like wound so I was worried, but it scabbed over really well. I guess I overreacted a little.

1 comment:

Jared and Delia said...

Oh I feel for you. It is SO hard to have your husband away...on you and the kids, which is then harder on you.

Glad you can see him tomorrow!