Thursday, May 28, 2009

Knock Knock Jokes, Goose Eggs, and Free Cookies


Um, yeah, so you know those free chocolate chip cookies they give at Albertsons to kids. So we went after school to get some ice and popsicles for our baseball treat today and each of the boys got one. Jo Jo was eating his really slowly, so I let him finish it in the car. When I got home, this is what I saw. It was even up his nostril, on his legs, and on one eyelid. He loved getting to sit in the sink to get cleaned up.

JP and Peanut went over to the little neighborhood playground this afternoon to eat popsicles. They came home and Peanut was screaming. He came in and said that JP pushed him. JP was starting to cry a little while he explained that Peanut had dropped his wrapper while they were at the top of the playset, and JP slipped on it and his foot knocked Peanut's legs out from under him, and he fell about 6 inches to the platform below right on his face. So poor little guy came home with a goose egg with a circle in the center of it (which he is now calling his "dot") and the outside of his eye is bruised. He looks like he was in a car accident. JP felt so bad about it and started to cry. I tried to re-assure him that it was an accident.


He was also telling me knock knock jokes today again.
P-Knock knock.
M-Who's there?
P-Orange.
M-Orange who?
P-Orange banana.

P-Knock knock.
M-Who's there?
P-Chicken.
M-Chicken who?
P-Chicken rice.
There were a couple more, but I can't remember what they were. They were along the same lines.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Poor little guy, that's quite a bonk!

I just love their knock knock jokes. My kids are always making up jokes that make absolutely no sense.

Happy anniversary and happy birthday by the way!

Janet said...

Ouch! That looks like it really hurts! My kids love sharing jokes like that too. I'm sorry about your headache! I hope you are feeling better.

O.k., we totally missed you guys this last weekend! It was kind of a whirlwind and we totally understand why you weren't there. We still missed you though.

I was thinking that we should try another Idaho, or Utah reunion for next year--maybe around someone's very special 8th birthday? If we start planning now no one will have any excuses not to do it--right? :)