Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day and Other Stuff


JP got to play catcher at his last game.

I got my hair done Friday (finally) and I love it. The color turned out awesome. It's a "chocolate red" with a few violet highlights. I tried to take a picture so you could see the color well.


Hot dogs go in your hair...

And up your nose, but not in your mouth. Did you know that?

Happy Mother's Day to all! My boys brought me pancakes and bacon in bed. Then I got a card that sings the chicken dance (oh yay)which said<"Happy Mother's Day to the queen of the roost," and JP made me a cool pottery thing. Peanut gave me a cupcake cookbook (I'm so excited to try it out), and Bubba made me a book at school. It came with a CD of Louis Armstrong's song, "What a Wonderful World," and as we played the CD I would turn the pages of the book where he had written in cursive the words on the bottom and had drawn a picture of each phrase. I never realized how awesome his drawings are. The teacher had them bound, too. It made me cry as I looked at it. It was truly a surprise because he made it sound like he hadn't done anything for me. He also had drawn me a picture of the Eiffel Tower (for those of you who don't know I love everything French). I am SO blessed to have such wonderful, loving boys. They definitely treat me like the Queen! Their dad has taught them well, and their wives will be so lucky someday.

2 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Happy Mother's Day. You got such sweet gifts. I love your hair. It is so flattering on you.

I like that picture of Peanut with a happy face drawn on him. That is so funny.

Hey...are you guys going to AZ for Em's wedding?

Janet said...

What a great mother's day! I totally love your hair! That color is fabulous on you!