Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy 11th Anniversary!!!

We celebrated our 11th anniversary yesterday. It hardly seems like that much time has gone by. I was so wishing we could be on a beach somewhere, or a cruise, but alas, it was not to be. Instead, my sister and her husband babysat so we could go out. We went to the mall so I could spend some birthday giftcards (because there was no way I was going to try on clothes with 2 kids during the week some time). Then we went and had dinner at Ruby River Steakhouse. We were the ONLY people in the entire restaurant! It was pretty cool. Butch told me that he rented out the entire place for us because that's the way he rolls. Truth be told, it must have been the combination of the holiday weekend and that it was 9 p.m. Then we went and saw the new Star Trek movie. It was absolutely excellent! Lots of action, emotion, and humor all wrapped together. We were talking about the things we'd done in 11 yrs. We've lived in 4 cities, had 9 different cars!, 4 fantastic kids, 3 houses, 4 colleges, 3 degrees, and TONS of laughter and love. It's been a fantastic ride so far and I'm looking forward to many more great years to come. I told B last night that these have definitely been the best and only happy 11 yrs. of my life!

At the same time, I've been going through a mid-life crisis. It seems since about my 28th birthday I've had problems with my birthday. I don't even seem to realize it co-incides with my birthday at first. But I think about when I was thinner and way more fun, and less wrinkled. I definitely used to be able to stay up later and do more and had more energy. I think I just really need a break from my kids for about a week. My mom will be here in a little over a week, and she's going to stay with the kids overnight while we go to the Anniversary Inn. That's a start, but I am SO needing a beach vacation somewhere quiet where the only sound I hear is the waves. Oh to dream...

2 comments:

Janet said...

Happy Anniversary! At least you got to go out. I can't remember the last time that Justin and I did that. I totally understand what you mean about birthdays. I keep wondering where the cute, fun, full of energy version of myself went!

Jared and Delia said...

That will be fun to go to Anniversary Inn. Is that the AI near us? Just wondering.