Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Totally Awesome...Not

Hey I've got an idea...It should snow like 5 inches for two days and then get packed down from people driving over it because there's like 3 snowplows for 5 cities (of which none come to our city), and then it should rain on top of it so I can slide all over my neighborhood while I'm trying to get out to go to the grocery store. (I know that's a really long run-on sentence). And since they don't plow the store parking lot where I shop, it's complete slush, which in case you didn't know, also makes your car slide. I think there should also be some inversion crap so you can't see more than 100 ft. in front of your car, and then nobody should turn their lights on while driving. I didn't realize I was putting my life in my hands when I left to go to the store today.

You wanna know what else is totally awesome? When you exercise every day since Christmas and live off of twigs and berries and you gain 1.5 pounds and your husband eats like food might go out of style any second and he loses 2 pounds!!! Hello, totally not fair. Just another reason guys are lame.

So while I was at the store, I had to pick up a prescription and I found out yesterday that we haven't had any insurance since October, and so my medication for a 30 day supply was $122.46! That's for the generic by the way. It was like $10 for the exact same thing last time when I got it with insurance. Does it really cost the pharmaceutical company that much to make that stuff? I highly doubt it. Someone somewhere is getting very rich off people with no insurance.

I also discovered recently that when you're a baby, the worst thing your mom can do to you (besides drop you out of your car seat and break your arm) is wiping your face off with a wet wipe or paper towel. It is absolutely pure torture. Jo Jo monkey winces before I even get near him. As soon as he sees me walking towards him he closes his eyes and shakes his head.


Peanut made a house today out of Bob the Builder blocks. He's quite the little builder. He can also build cars and airplanes out of Legos. It's extremely annoying, though, when your baby brother crawls over and takes it apart and you have to re-build it-twice.


He's my big boy now and started Primary on Sunday! Last week they took them in for singing time and I looked through the window to see the only child lying on the floor under a chair-was mine. I was a little concerned, but he sat so reverently in his chair this time while several of his friends were screaming for their moms. He absolutely loves his new class and teacher. Bubba has now officially made the big move to Senior Primary! Wow, wasn't he just in nursery? He also has his very first research project due at the end of the month, and he's chosen George Washington. He bought himself a drawing book and it has a how-to-draw of Washington, so he's decided to try and draw it for his poster. I love being a mom. It's so rewarding. I love my awesome boys. Peanut was making his Spiderman boots squeak on the floor in the store today and the lady behind us in line asked if he could also burp on cue. I said, "No, but his brother can." That's one of JP's talents.



So the other day my mom was here and she bought the boys those candy canes full of M&M's because they were on sale after Christmas and Peanut was eating his at the table. Well, awhile later Jo Jo comes crawling out from under the kitchen table (where he always finds the best snacks) with chocolate on his face. I noticed he was green and realized he had managed to find a green M&M on the floor. His hands and mouth were all green. So I got a couple of cute pictures. He likes to make funny faces when you take his picture and I absolutely LOVE it.

2 comments:

Jared said...

Sweet pictures. Cart-man is ADORABLE! I can't get over how cute he is.

Peanut is so handsome in his Sunday attire. He looks so grown!

Owen is supposed to start Primary too, but we have been sick. We are going to a new family ward too, so it should be an adjustment.

Jared said...

Oh this is Delia by the way. I am logged in under Jared,.