Monday, January 12, 2009

Wedding Day

So my sister's big day finally arrived this past Saturday. We drove to Utah on Friday afternoon after dropping the 3 big boys off at Papa's farm. JP said the wedding would be "boring," but Peanut said he wanted to go to her next wedding after he found out we were staying in a hotel because he "wikes hotelws." The temple ceremony was really nice. Elder Featherstone performed it since he lives in my mom's ward. He is such an awesome man. I love to hear him speak. Then I got to help my sister put on her wedding dress and I got changed into my bridesmaid dress. We waited forever for my mom who had disappeared somewhere to get stuff out of her car that she forgot to bring in. So finally they just went ahead and made their grand exit outside to the waiting crowd of family and friends. It was FREEZING, but at least the sun was out. This first picture is of baby Cart-man and Alicia. She looked so pretty and I loved the way the sun hit her face.

We took lots of family pictures outside of one of the temple doors and then they decided to just do the couple shots. I volunteered to carry my sister's mega long and heavy train for her because it was already getting dirty. For some reason I had left my scarf and gloves in the temple and none of us had nylons on. So after awhile, AJ (her husband) said, "Your legs are about one step above amputation." I looked like I had gotten really really sunburned. I couldn't feel my hands or legs the entire hour and half we were out. I seriously couldn't feel my legs until hours later. This is a neat shot they took in front of the Lion House restaurant (where the luncheon was held later). She had a coat she was putting on in between shots. And luckily her dress was long so her legs were warm at least.

We went back into the temple after pictures to change back for the luncheon, which was immediately after. B and I sat at a corner table by my aunt and gramma, so we were able to put Jo Jo monkey on the floor after he ate so he could bang on the wall and talk to the wallpaper. When he was in his high chair before the lunch came, he had two metal spoons that he was banging on his chair. Everyone thought it was funny because it expressed what we were all thinking. I had my most embarrassing moment during lunch. I honestly have never had a really embarrassing moment, so I guess it was my turn. I went to the restroom and came out with my dress kind of tucked up into my g's at the waist. It was my regular dress that I had changed back in to and it was that stretchy material, so I didn't even notice until I walked back in the room and I think it was his mom who said something. They all decided to mention that we got lunch AND a show. Thanks, as if I wasn't already mortified.
We went back to our hotel afterwards for a nap for baby and then went over to the reception place an hour early to help my sister get ready and help my mom with table set-ups, etc. It was at this cool old mansion downtown. So my brothers are both on their missions, and we were sad they couldn't be there in person, so my mom made cut-outs of them to put up. They were John McCain's body with their faces. When we took a picture with them, I got a little veclempt.

I wanted a picture of just me and my sissy because one of her lame bridesmaids kept standing next to her in pictures instead of letting me. She's really obnoxious. She's one of those people who knows everything because she's an expert. There was another girl there who wasn't in the wedding, but her husband was and she never shut-up about herself.

And finally, here's evidence of the toilet paper game. Unfortunately, the toilet paper was really low to the ground and he didn't even have to get up on his knees to reach it.

3 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

What a beautiful wedding. You looked great. Your sister picked out beautiful colors.

I love Elder Featherstone! I can't believe he officiated in the sealing. That is so awesome.

Sorry about the embarrassing moment. I can totally see me doing the same thing.

Janet said...

I'm glad that you survived the wedding! You look so beautiful! As far as your embarrassing moment goes, I'm sure it didn't help that your legs were probably still a little numb from standing outside for so long. I can't believe that you did that! You are such a great sister! ~ Janet

Joy said...

What a beautiful bride! I bet it was such a nice day. I can sympathize with your embarrassing moment, that it totally something I would do! Except that would have involved me tripping over something while I was at it.