Friday, January 23, 2009

Things and Stuff

So sorry I depressed everyone the other day. I still haven't seen the sun in over two weeks now. I'm really about to go postal. We were supposed to have seen sun several times now, but I really don't think the weathermen ever know what they're talking about. I'm amazed it's a real profession when their success rate is so minimal. Anyway, a storm was supposed to blow through yesterday to get rid of the smog(because let's face it people, they can call it what they want, but it's really smog). So instead we got a teeny sprinkling of rain/snow mixture last night that resulted in absoluetly nothing today. B said we can go for a drive tomorrow to get out of the valley. They've had huge amounts of people up at the ski hill because it's about all this yucky crud.



So my teeny baby will be 1 on Sunday. I'm so sad. Where did this year go? It went by really really fast. I think it's gone by faster with each one. He's doing everything he can to stay the baby, though. He still won't sleep thru the night, he hates food with texture, he just barely started to put any weight on his legs, and he still won't hold his bottle unless he's lying flat on his back. Personally, I think he's just being lazy, and we're allowing it since he is the baby. Well, I guess he's starting to eat a little texture-he'll eat bread, french fries, and chicken if I break it up into teeny pieces. He just won't eat the stage 3 baby food that has pieces of pasta or veggies in it. I probably wouldn't eat it either. So I'll just have to keep pushing people food on him. Any sleeping thru the night suggestions? JP was my best sleeper. Both he and Peanut could just be layed down in their crib and they'd go right to sleep, but our bookends(oldest and youngest) have insisted on being held to go to sleep, so that makes for not very good crib sleepers. I've tried the whole "ferberizing" thing, but he'll just keep crying-no screaming-for an hour. And it's a really ear piercing scream that we've never experienced before. I wonder what happened to my sweet baby who sounded like a little piglet squealing when he cried. We're just having a few friends over for cake after our new lovely 2:30 p.m. church time on Sun. I didn't really want to do anything, but felt bad since we did for everyone else. I don't want him to feel jipped when he gets older.

I just want to thank all of my wonderful friends and family for their support after my last post. I guess I kind of went off the deep end a little, but with this weather I get even more agitated than usual. As my visiting teacher said, it really has become a Nordstrom ward. I shouldn't dread attending church each week. There are a lot of nice people too, but the majority makes me feel uncomfortable there. Sometimes I wish we could start over somewhere else. That's all I'll say about that anymore since my husband keeps reminding me anytime I say anything negative about anyone, this is public domain and something I say might come back to bite me in the bum. But this is really my outlet to get things off my chest, so I figure whatever. If I offend someone it's not because I'm doing it on purpose, it's just the way I feel.

So Peanut peed his pants 5 times on Wed. Since then I've been asking him every 10 minutes if he has to go. Anyone else had regression problems? It really stinks because by the time we had to go to scouts that day, he was wearing pajama pants because he'd gone thru the rest. Not a fun day.

4 comments:

paige said...

Happy Birthday to little cart-man!
I hope you are feeling better- have you tried tanning i am in a little funk also and my doctor told me to go tanning a little but he did warn me it does cause cancer but he said a little here and there will help me during this shady time of year. and by the way nicole you have a wonderful body look what it has done for you and keeps doing for you. Hang in there it will happen!

Janet said...

Happy Birthday Jo-Jo! It truly does go by too fast! As far as the peed pants go, I am so sorry! My first two kept having accidents until about first grade--yikes, I know! Actually, my son will still have an accident at night here and there. I have no idea how to help that. I guess I'm not much help at sleeping through the night either. None of my children slept through the night until they were almost 2 and that's when they stopped taking naps! I've given up on getting a good night sleep. I hope you have better success than I did! ~Janet

Jared and Delia said...

Happy Birthday Cart-man!

I can't believe he is already a year. I need to send his card - sorry I forgot andI also forgot to send you your cookbook. I have been meaning to send it since Christmas, then forgot and then remembered this week, but just haven't sent it yet. I am so sorry. I have been in kind of a funk this week.

Being a ward that you don't LOVE is hard. I know. We just switched to the family ward and it is an adjustment for me to say the least, but I just keep trying to volunteer for anything I can hoping that will help.

Good luck with the peeing thing. Owen hasn't been peeing his pants much lately. He just waits until the very last minute and then he pees all over the floor and the bathroom. We only have one bathroom so I HATE this. Good luck with the sleeping too. If ferberizing isn't working...then I have no idea. I have heard that the older you try ferberizing the longer they cry and the longer it takes before it starts working. I have heard of a one year old that started the sleep training crying thing and cried for something like 3 hours the first night (with parents going in every 15-20 minutes to reassure), but it did get better. It took a long time...like weeks before it took though.

Love you Nicole. I wish you a good week. Are you guys getting crazy snow this weekend like we are. I hope so...so it can clear this nasty air!

Anonymous said...

I love our ward!!!! Sorry you don't feel the same :(