Monday, January 19, 2009

Blogging Blues-Warning--somewhat depressing and long

So I haven't written in a week, which if you keep up with my blog at all, is rare for me. I just haven't felt like writing. We've had this nasty icky "inversion" for over a week now. It has made me seriously depressed and I just want to sleep all day. So today it was the worst. I was having a major self-loathing party. I've been working out now since Dec. 1st and still have only lost a whopping 6 pounds, which my sweet husband is like "Wow! 6 lbs. is good," but I'm thinking at this rate it will take me 2 yrs. to lose the weight I need to. For all of you who think I look just fine, Wii Fit says I'm overweight and that my BMI is too high. Just to make you feel even better, it shows your Mii character staring at a fat belly. I just feel so crappy. It's one thing to have a little ponchy tummy after having a baby, but my arms and legs are what's really flabby. I can't wear half my shirts because the arms are too tight and I have to wear jeans that are baggy in the bum and waist because the others are too tight on my legs. Then there's the adult acne that's rearing its ugly head. I would've much rather had it as a teenager because those years are way shorter than the adult ones. I'm also really getting sick of the women in my ward who are obsessed with their looks and weight. I feel like I have to be really done up on Sundays and even then, nobody ever sits by me. I'm not even kidding when I say that 95% of the women in my ward are a size 4 or less. There might be a few 6's in there, but not many. It's really awesome when the RS Pres. gets up for her monthly lesson and says, "I've never had to worry about my weight, but so and so challenged me to exercise more, so now I do." She's not the president anymore, but that's all I can think of anytime I see her. Everyone is obsessed with what they eat and ask each other what they eat or what diet they're on. Give me a flippin' break. What about those of us who have a hard time losing weight after having kids? The only thing I've lost is a little in the chest. Which I know half of you are annoyed at me for, but you don't know how much it has always sucked to have a big chest. The only reason anyone ever dated me in school was because I had a big chest. They're always in the way too and they hurt when you run. So be happy with your awesome smallness. I guess we always want what we can't or don't have. And by the way, I don't want to be thin to fit in with everyone else, I want to be fit and healthy for myself so I don't cry every time I look in the mirror. So I guess it's going to take me longer than I thought to lose weight, but the hard part is not getting discouraged. I'm doing yoga, pilates, aerobics, and strength training. I'm really not eating the sweets like I used to. I'm living mostly on slim fast bars during the day and not eating after 8 p.m. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Why do some people lose weight faster than others? Okay, so I probably depressed everyone else with this post. But now I don't feel alone by getting it out there. I really hope I see the sun tomorrow or I might just have to get out the credit card and fly to a beach somewhere. I decided that inversion is even worse than snow. At least when it snows, the sun comes out. And no comments from anyone in AZ on how wonderful the winters are because it still won't make me move there!

So the kids had today off school so we went bowling this afternoon. They love to bowl. We get a bumper lane next to a regular one for us. They really had a lot of fun.


Peanut needed a little help, but he still hit a lot of pins most of the time.

This was a super duper hard throw! Go Bubba!

Sat. was my sister's open house up here for all the people who couldn't drive down for the wedding. They got way more gifts and money than at the wedding. Anyway, it was in a pretty cabin in the middle of nowhere and there was a cowboy hat hanging on an antler thingy and I couldn't resist putting it on Jo Jo.

Earlier in the day big daddy decided to re-arrange his home office and Jo Jo was a big helper. He found a drawer to sit in and chew on stuff.

Peanut just looked too handsome in his Sunday clothes. He really wanted to wear a tie.

3 comments:

Pooka said...

So i got on my blog this morning wondering why you hadn't written in awhile & sure enough I wasn't disappointed. Just so you know, i look forward to your entries.
Alright, just know that you are absolutely beautiful. You don't need to prove yourself to anyone in your ward & you are obviously more secure than anyone there. If you weren't you would be just like them. You think you have issues, imagine what they go through killing themselves to be something that they think others want them to be. You're an awesome mom & friend!

Janet said...

I agree with Pooka! ~Janet

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you feel that way about our ward. We absolutely love you!