Thursday, January 8, 2009

So the other night I was tucking Peanut in to bed and he said the cutest things. He first told me, "Your dammas(pajamas) are tute(cute)." Then he said, "You're my frayvite(favorite) mommy. I should teep(keep) you." This was totally unwarranted by the way. I'm going to try and be better about writing things down that they say because otherwise they all blur together. B asked me the other day which one of the boys was the one who used to rip off his bibs, forcing us to buy the tie kind rather than the velcro. I had no idea. I was so sad that I couldn't remember. Of course there are a few that we really remember like "Santa Closet." (That was Bubba). But for the most part they blend together.

I've come to the realization as of late that my house is going to be perpetually messy until my boys are out of the house. Their room is a smelly mess that I've finally started refusing to clean for them. Even though it really bothers me, I'm not helping them out by doing it for them. As far as the rest of the house goes, there's always fingerprints on everything, sticky stuff on the floors and counters, sprays of who knows what on the base boards. Not to mention the walls and light switches always have dirt on them. Boys don't like to wash their hands. At least not in my house. Or if they do, they flip the lights off without drying them. Their bathroom is another story altogether. Actually it's more like a nightmare. I bought one of those Scentsy burners to put in their room, which has made a great difference, but I can't understand why it's SO hard to get the pee in the actual toilet. Sometimes I wonder if they're even looking. JP has toothpaste issues as well. He puts a huge gob on his brush and then starts the spinner before it's in his mouth. So it ends up on the counter, sink, faucet, mirror... Did you know that the kitchen floor is where you store your coat, backpack, shoes, and dirty socks? I didn't either, but apparently it is. And apparently your bedroom floor is where you should leave your full pull-up from the night before. But make sure you leave it in your pajama pants so that they smell too.

Another thing I've discovered recently are a couple of fun games to play while mommy's in the shower. One is to throw a ball in and then keep throwing it in after mama throws it out. It's called wet catch. The other game is called unroll the entire toilet paper roll. It's self-explanatory.

So some of you have suggested that I write a book of all of my mis-adventures with my boys. I have started this project, but I'm sure it will take forever. I guess I could probably cut and paste a lot from my blog. Plus, I would never have any idea on how to get it published, so maybe I'll just do it for fun as a journaling device and then send it around to those who would like to read it. I'll keep you updated.

4 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

I'd read that book. I know what you mean a little bit already.

We only have one bathroom and so when Owen misses I hate it! I can't stand our bathroom reeking of urine. I should be more forgiving. He is only four (well in a few weeks). What can I say though. I am a girl. It doesn't seem to bug Jared too much, so I end up cleaning the bathroom almost everyday.

Janet said...

I would read that book too. About.com would probably have info on how to get a book published. My kids have a similar way to care for their things/house/room. Kelly especially can't throw anything away--and I mean anything! I've heard it said that cleaning your house while you're kids are still growing is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing. All I can say is thank goodness for clorox wipes!

Pooka said...

Boys, boys boys! What is wrong with them?! Luckily, one day their wives will have to deal with them!

Anonymous said...

Hi hot mama! you might want to try www.blurb.com for you book or my publisher.com
good luck

Nancy
Martinez
www.expressionsphotographybynancy.com