Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

I decided I'm too lazy to rearrange the pictures, so here you go.


Everyone's pumpkins


Our goofy bunch


Ninja-strike!


Arrr Matey!


Luigi


Hunter-can you see him?


To prove I did a lot of carving


Bubba's pumpkin


Peanut's pumpkin


I love this picture


I remembered why I hate moonsand so much


Jo Jo's pumpkin

So I'm posting for my Gramma because I really don't feel like it, but she was asking for Halloween pictures. You're lucky I love you so much Gramma. So I'm a dork and completely forgot to take pictures before our ward trunk-or-treat and when we got home the costumes came off and the candy got dumped on the carpet. I realized I hadn't so those who had gotten undressed, re-dressed and we took a few. I wasn't really into Halloween this year which is weird because it's been my favorite holiday. I'm not looking forward to Christmas either. I AM however looking forward to Thanksgiving and eating fried turkey. It makes me hungry thinking about it. So the trunk-or-treat was actually fun. They had soups and bread. It was for three wards. The kids made out like bandits. JP was the only one to get a new costume. He decided on Luigi. Jo Jo kept stealing the hat and dancing around singing, "Uh weejuh, uh weejuh" (Luigi). They say it that way because he says it with an accent on Mario Kart. Bubba decided on a hunter. We found some pants at Savers that were way too big, but figured he could wear a belt and that he'd eventually end up wearing them anyway. He discovered when he put them on that they actually had an adjustable waist, so with a belt they fit just fine. We got some paints to do on his face, and he already had the camo shirt and hat from hunter safety. Jo Jo got to use my favorite pirate costume. And Peanut was very very mad that he didn't get a new costume, but finally decided to use JP's old Ninja costume. I didn't dress up this year. Told you I was being a humbug. I felt bad once I saw everyone's cool costumes at the church. Oh well.

We carved pumpkins on Fri. after school. Bubba was really into cleaning the guts out, but JP was freaking out. It was pretty funny the way he kept griping about how gross it was. Peanut claimed that he didn't know how, which means I was stuck doing it. Whatever, I don't mind. I think it's kinda cool actually. They each drew a face on paper and then I drew it in pencil first on their pumpkin to get it right and then outlined it with sharpie. I carved Peanut's for him, but the other boys did their own pumpkins. Jo Jo had colored his on Thurs. while everyone else was still in school. Dumb idea. He had marker all over his hands and then every time we picked the pumpkin up, we ended up with marker on us.

Funny things Jo Jo said today-
We have a nursery with flamingos in the front of it here. They always do different colors-like our college colors against the team we're playing against, or dress them up for Halloween. So we were driving by on our way to the store and he yells, "Hey a Bronco chicken!"
We were getting in the car later and I told him that I liked his shoes and that they were cool. He said, "I know. They're awesome." It's always so funny when he talks like his brothers.

We also had a check up for JP today. It went really well. The doctor really likes how he's looking (he really has like no swelling now), so we're going to continue with his shots. He wants him to do swimming, which we were planning on anyway. He wants to take some lessons to learn techniques and maybe do some swim team stuff. He has to get blood work again. He lucked out because the lab had closed so we just have to go into the local hospital and do it one of these days. We won't have to go back until Jan. Yay! I'm so happy it's going so well. He HAS lost 4 pounds since his last visit a month ago though so I'm concerned about that and trying to figure out how to fatten him up. The doctor said that sometimes it happens with the start of the medication he's on, so hopefully he'll gain it back quickly.

3 comments:

Delia said...

Tell Peanut that Owen was a ninja too! Pretty cool!

I didn't dress up this year either and I kind of regret it.

Yay for JP doing much better!

marty4544 said...

THANK YOU MY DARLING FOR THE PICTURES, YOU MAKE MY DAY WHEN I CAN'T SLEEP, I COME TO THE COMPUTER AND CHECK TO SEE IF YOU HAD UPDATED YOUR BLOG AND THERE YOU,WHAT A SWEET THING YOU ARE AND I LOVE YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH.

Janet said...

Don't feel bad about Halloween. Justin was out of town and I was totally sick so we did the bare minimum. I walked around the trunk-r-treat with a fever and we didn't carve pumpkins. Dressing up? I was lucky to even be dressed. I told our kids that next year we'd go all out and really live it up.

I'm so glad that JP is doing well with his new medication. If you need some ideas for helping him gain weight I got a few. Just let me know.

I love hearing about the funny things that Jo Jo says. It reminds me that I need to pay more attention to what Kenzie says...well, what anyone says for that matter!