Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Coconut Says...

A few things he's said in the last couple of days-

-In our house now, rude is a noun and not an adjective. This is what he said about JP-"He's saying me I was a rude." JP was telling him that he was rude because of something Coconut did to him. But Coconut always calls people "a rude." "You're a rude," or "You're a meanie" are his two favorite phrases lately.

-Yesterday a police car drove by us. He remembered when Papa was at our house and an ambulance had to come pick him up.
So he asked, "Is Papa in there?"
Me-"Papa is with Jesus now."
C-"Oh Papa's with Jesus?"
Me-"Yeah."
C-"Was Jesus baptized?"
What the heck? I have no idea where that came from, but it was a great question.

-We also saw a truck yesterday with BSU flags on it. He said, "Raise your hand if you like Boise State!" Brothers do this all the time with "Raise your hand if you like the Yankees." And the others will respond with "Raise your hand if you like the Red Sox." Yes, we are a house divided.

He's also recognizing certain shapes now-heart, star, triangle. He told me at Walmart the other day that the spinning thing that has the bags on it at checkout was a triangle. If you have one of these at your Walmart, check it out next time you go. The top of it is shaped in a triangle. The cashier was very impressed. As Grandma Randall would say-He's very advanced for his age. He's a very unusual child. ;) I hope you don't think I'm trying to boast about how amazingly smart he is, I'm just recording it to remember some of his sayings. It helps that he has three older brothers that teach him things all the time.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Of course he's amazingly smart! I love when you post about the things he says and does. It reminds me to pay closer attention to my children.

I am so sorry for the loss of B's Dad. You are in our thoughts and prayers.